Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Xterra 70 on the way

coinsh00ter

Hi all,
Been lurking for the last couple of weeks, just ordered the x70 from amds. Looking forward to hunting here in
central NJ. Thanks for all the great posts and unknowingly helping me make my detector decision.
Dave
on the Banks of the Delaware

n/t

Good luck with your new XT-70!!
Cheers!

You made a great choice. The great thing about this forum is that it gives you a head start on the use and specifics on the machine. Your going to fall in love with it quickly.

Good hunting, John K

You chose a good one! Best of luck in your coinshooting endeavors. Let us know what you find, and don't hesitate to ask questions. That is how we all learn! HH Randy

You are going to be real happy...welcome to the X-Terra-70 club. TomB

you'll love it... check out faqfaq...lots of good info there..

Hi Dave,

I should be getting my XT-70 today. Hopefully on Saturday I will hit Fort Lauderdale Beach (near the St. Regis, Hilton, Atlantic, Westin) and see if any of the rich folks left anything behind :)

Good luck with yours...

Slipping out of work at 11:30, be at the post office at 11:45, be detecting by 12:30. Can't wait, still 60 degrees in NJ, should get some quality detecting in before the rains come.
Dave in NJ

don't try and pay for it all at once :lmfao:

The hard part is putting the darn thing down once you have it in you warm hands. Be sure to take some documentation from the FAQFAQ out with you. I know I got a little mixed up the first time I took my new 70 out. It will help you get it running right if you have a brain lapse. Best of luck at the beach. You made a wise decision---ENJOY!!!

Good hunting, John K

Hi I have never detected before but have been interested in it for years. I am in construction and work slowed down so I thought its a good time to get one. I ordered from Kellyco and got Nathan. I just told him my zero experience and was interested in beach and nugget since I am in California. Now I had my eye on the Excalibur 1000 but did not let on. He highly recommended the Xterra pro 70. I decided to mention to him about the Excalibur maybe its my no experience but he said the XTerra is good for what I mentioned my needs were, especially since it picks up small amounts of gold. My question is the 70 and pro 70 different? I noticed on the web site new for 2008.
Sorry about high jacking this thread but I don't see where I start a new one. Mine is also coming later this week but the DD Coil is on backorder.

Ron

[quote Yellowstone]Hi I have never detected before but have been interested in it for years. I am in construction and work slowed down so I thought its a good time to get one. I ordered from Kellyco and got Nathan. I just told him my zero experience and was interested in beach and nugget since I am in California. Now I had my eye on the Excalibur 1000 but did not let on. He highly recommended the Xterra pro 70. I decided to mention to him about the Excalibur maybe its my no experience but he said the XTerra is good for what I mentioned my needs were, especially since it picks up small amounts of gold. My question is the 70 and pro 70 different? I noticed on the web site new for 2008.
Sorry about high jacking this thread but I don't see where I start a new one. Mine is also coming later this week but the DD Coil is on backorder.

Ron[/quote]

Ron no difference other than the pro comes with the 5x10 18.75 coil. I had that coil and did not like it? I really think it was just me? That coil in prospecting mode will get the small and big gold, Beale.

OK thanks/ My X-Terra 70 arrives 3-31-08 I think Nathan reffered me to the best detector in that price range? I never thought of buying X-Terra 70 was looking at the Eureka Gold and the Excalibur. I said Nate most MT people have more than 1 detector-if I was to buy another or refer a friend what other model should I get? He said THE XTERA70! WOW --he said it is that good! Then I found this site searching for reviews on the Minelab X-Terra 70 . I am in Southern Calif. lots of beach ground to cover.

Ron