Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

XTerra 70 vs. the 705

fwcrawford

For those that have owned or used both, how do they compare?
I’ve read where some me folks liked the 70 better.
I currently have an XTerra 50 ( 13 years old and trouble free), but thinking
about the 705 at some point to replace it.
Just wondering how people feel about each one.... looks like both are still
popular and well fairly quickly on the classifieds.

Recognizing that we all have different styles of detecting, hunt in different soil conditions and search for various targets......IF I had to chose between the 70 and 705, I'd opt for the 705 for two primary reasons. One, Tracking Ground Balance Offset. And two, Sizing Pinpoint. JMHO HH Randy

I would have to say the 70. I have had several of both. And for me I like the 70. They are really close though. 70’s just seem to run smoother fro me with a he detecting I do and the coils I use.

I have 2 low serial number X-Terra 70's. Have tried twice with the 705 and always went back to the 70. The bullets in my avatar pic were found at 12" deep with a little high tone in the iron nails. I always use the 18.75 10" DD coil for relic hunting.

For those that have owned or used both, how do they compare?
I’ve read where some me folks liked the 70 better.
I currently have an XTerra 50 ( 13 years old and trouble free), but thinking
about the 705 at some point to replace it.
Just wondering how people feel about each one.... looks like both are still
popular and well fairly quickly on the classifieds.

I've had the 70,
But it didn't quite cut it, lots of static in good soil,
The prospecting mode was sufficient,
As well as beach hunting.
But coin,and Relic was just average for me.

I have 2 low serial number X-Terra 70's. Have tried twice with the 705 and always went back to the 70. The bullets in my avatar pic were found at 12" deep with a little high tone in the iron nails. I always use the 18.75 10" DD coil for relic hunting.
I with you on that. I had two 705’s and alway went back to the 70’s. They were smoother and used Nel coils better. I liked the faceplate better also.