Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Xterra 705 5" X 10" coil vs 10.5" coil

sekypaleo

any depth difference between these. I will be a new 705 user and have heard a considerable diff between stock and 10" but nothing between 5x10

I believe the 10.5" coil is deeper, but less sensitive to smaller objects. I have also heard of people getting quarters at 12" or so with the 5x10 coil and use it almost exclusively. I've been using the 6" 18.75 DD coil and have found a copper penny at least 10" deep, so I imagine the depth on either of the 2 coils you mentioned would be very good! I would pick the 5x10 as it's waterproof, but JMHO. Good luck, keep us posted! HH

atomicscott said:
I believe the 10.5" coil is deeper, but less sensitive to smaller objects.
Well, you got this part right.
The 5X10" will be limited to about the same depth as a 6", but separation will also be limited by it's length heel-to-toe similar to the 10.5" (separation isn't just a side-to-side thing).
And the 5x10" is NOT waterproof. It is 1 of only four coils out of 12 available that is only water resistant. Unfortunately the 10.5" coils (MF & HF) are two of the others that aren't waterproof.

Like the ET and SE Pro. Don't let the size fool you on the 10.5 DD coils, I have dug .22 bullets at 8-10 inches and the separation seems the same as the 5x10 to me....................Mark

Want a new 3kz coil for the 705 just can't decide between the digger and the 10.5. Really want something I can use for coins in the trash, but its just so hard for me to pick up a small coil as it feels like it takes me forever to search a decent size area, on the other hand I really want a larger coil for the more open (slightly less trashy areas). I have the 13" Ultimate for my Omega but would really prefer to hunt with the Xterra since it doesnt have the EMI issues the Omega does and I really like using the 99 tones.

I am in the process of selling a 10.5" 7.5 coil, used it twice and didn't like it all ... too heavy for such a lightweight machine but mounting it backwards helped a lot with the balance issue if you go that route ... I got an ETrac but I am keeping the 705 and Digger coil, it's just that good !!!

digginLa said:
Want a new 3kz coil for the 705 just can't decide between the digger and the 10.5. Really want something I can use for coins in the trash, but its just so hard for me to pick up a small coil as it feels like it takes me forever to search a decent size area, on the other hand I really want a larger coil for the more open (slightly less trashy areas). I have the 13" Ultimate for my Omega but would really prefer to hunt with the Xterra since it doesnt have the EMI issues the Omega does and I really like using the 99 tones.
Well....if it makes your decision any easier, they don't make a 10.5" 3kHz coil. There are only three coils available in 3kHz, the Minelab 9" concentric, the Coiltek 6"DD Digger, and the Coiltek 15" DD All Terrain.

Thanks LH I actually knew that but wasn't even thinking about when I posted, oh well old age must be catching up with me :)

digginLa said:
oh well old age must be catching up with me :)
Join the club!
old1.gif
:lol:
When I was younger, I used to eat like a horse and work like a horse. Nowadays I sweat like a horse and use hoof nippers to trim my toenails. :rofl: