Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

xterra 705 question

usmc0351

im thinking about this detector, and im hoping someone can help me out of a few things,,,is there a big weight difference between the stock 9 inch coil and the 10 inch double d,,,,is the machine still pretty balanced,,,and if i could get some feedback from anyone who just relic hunts with the 705,,,and anyones thoughts on the 10 by 5 dd coil,,,,,thanks, doug

The stock coil is very light, the 10.5DD is very heavy. I have one, and rarely use it due to it's weight. Many here really like it, but mine is a hanger queen. The 5x10 DD is very light, I like it, I use mine quite a bit. The 3khz 9" concentric is also heavy. I will use it occasionally, but it is probably nearly twice the weight of the stock 9" 7.5 ---- I have 6 coils, and my favorite of them all is probably the stocker, light, very deep, and waterproof. Just my opinion,............ by the way, Semper Fi.....................

I have a different viewpoint. I use the 10.5 DD coil when working an open field looking for CW site as it gets better coverage and doesn't need as much overlap. The way I deal with the weight is, by using a shorter lower shaft and adding a little counterbalancing weight on the topside of my arm, under the strap, with my sheathed Lesche digger (working on making a strap that I can add weight to). I find that this balances the unit well enough that I don't get arm fatigue. The depth between it and the stock is not that much. The real strength in this coil lies in its seperation and ground coverage. I do wish they would add a few more coils to this lineup, like a large concentric (11-12") or an 8" DD (would be perfect for CW camp hunts).

I do not have either of the 10.5 DDs, I will get the MF version though for its depth. I have the 10 x 5 which isn't as deep as the stocker but has much better seperation but likes iron a little better. The 6' DD HF is even better for seperation---gaurenteed, I only use it in the tighest stuff. I swap coils often. When I get to do some nugget shooting I will run that 6" in the creek.

HH
Jeff

Are you getting positive IDs on non-ferrous targets at around 8" with that 6" DD. I have a 6" but haven't used it much and just in the last week hooked up with a guy that's working a picket post, loaded with iron and all the good targets are coming out at about 8".

Canewrap,
If you are asking me, I gota tell ya man I don't think I have pulled anything that deep with that coil. It may be capable though. I'm still learning to coax the depth and have only been able to get out for 4 - 5 hours a week here lately.

That being said I have gotten positive IDs at 6" and I am sure of that.

HH
Jeff

There is virtually no difference in weight between the 3khz and stock 9" coils.........I cannot even tell a difference?