Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Xterra 705 with 6"DD 7.5 KHz coil?

Hopskippy

How does the 705 perform using the 6" DD 7.5 KHz coil?
I know everyone seems to really brag on the 6" DD 3 KHz coil, will this one do as well for coin shooting?

Thanks

it would be a good all around coil in trash but not near as good for coins as the Digger coil

The Minelab 7.5 kmz 6 inch is not dd it is concentric.It is a hot coil for coins and rings it is not as hot on gold as the 6 inch 18.5kmz.the 6 inch 3 khz may hit harder on silver and copper but less sensitive to gold than the 7khz..

I owned one for about two years and sold it. I used the heck out of it and have to say that It was my least favorite coil under any soil conditions although I did have a few very notable finds with it. Your results may be different than mine but I haven't missed it since I sold it.

I just never felt the depth or the coverage was anywhere near the 6" HF Minelab coil. Once the 6" Coiltek coil came out I've even stopped using the 6" HF Minelab coil for the most part unless I'm detecting in the deep snow or water. Being that the newer runs of the 6" Coiltek coil are now waterproof I think for most people that would be their best choice for a 6" coil. Again....your results may vary.

I'm a fan of the 6" Coiltek coil in any soil conditions with the Minelab 6' HF a little further behind in second place. I always tell people that if this were golf or some other sport the 6" Coiltek coil wold be banned from competition because it's like cheating, it's just that much better.

Pulltab gave you a good answer the 7.5 is a concentric coil and does very well on coin's but not as well on gold as the 6'DD at 18.75 KHz
Don

After using both, the 18.75 6" DD was better for me, and now I rarely take it off my 505! It handles EMI way better and allows me to run full sensitivity or close with no chatter. Also it is deeper in ground, (only 1/2" deeper in air) more sensitive to smaller objects, and separates better in trash. I would recommend it for coinshooting (as well as gold jewelry). HH, Scott