Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Xterra 705 ?

I’m going to order a new xterra 705 should I get the gold pack or the regular coil package they are both 499 I will be coin and relic hunting mostly thanks?

tnbassfishin said:
I’m going to order a new xterra 705 should I get the gold pack or the regular coil package they are both 499 I will be coin and relic hunting mostly thanks?

For coin and Relic hunting I would go with the regular coil package unless you can swing the two coil package that comes with the MF coil and the 5x10HF coil I have been using the 705 since 2009 or 2010 but I picked up a like new in box with three coils

the one coil that vary seldom comes off of my 705 is the 5x10 HF coil now, but that is due to what and where I detect for all the time the other coil which I would consider purchasing is the 3 KHz digger coil which I have heard great things about but have never had the opportunity to use

I found my best find to date with the 5X10 HF coil though while living in Ohio about 6 months after purchasing my 705 was not my deepest find but it was my best and it could have been found with any of the coils that can be used on the 705

if all you are going to be doing is coin and relic hunting I would stick with the standard MF coil

I would go with the regular pack. I have never been big on the 5x10 coil.

I agree with 7centsworth, for relic hunting and coinshooting you need a large DD coil and the smaller 6" concentric. The 5X10 is more useful in shallower, but only moderately trashy areas.