Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Xterra coil covers

midas888

Went to buy some 9 inch concentric coils covers for my 705. I go thru about 3 a year. The plastic seems to be too soft and wears quick. Last year I paid $6.75 each. All the dealers I checked are now selling them for $18 each. WHAT gives????? I can't imagine the cost of plastic went up that much.

Minelab seem to think all their stuff is made of gold it seems to me. That is the one thing that I do not like about them. They seem to raise prices every few months.

Should'nt be scuffing the ground with these detectors, might try lifting the coil a little

I've never worn out a coil cover yet and always keep my coil on the ground. Unless you're beating them against rocks, or scuffing them on gravel or sand, I don't understand how you're going through them.

DirtAngler said:
I've never worn out a coil cover yet and always keep my coil on the ground. Unless you're beating them against rocks, or scuffing them on gravel or sand, I don't understand how you're going through them.

I go detecting every day. Mainly beach hunting. My v3i coil cover is on its 3rd year. The 705 coil cover have gone thru three this year. I use both machines about equal time. I noticed the Whites coil cover is less expensive but made of a stronger plastic than the minelab. What I wanted to know is why a 300 percent price increase by Minelab.

Well, for one thing, have you seen what's happening to the U.S. dollar?

804px-US_dollar_value_in_gold.svg.png

And as importantly, have you seen what's happening in NZ and AU?

currency-strength-correlations1.png

You can see how the U.S dollar isn't fairing well in terms of buying power in the world market.

7-19-11-BMG%20Currency%20Decline%20Chart.jpg

I have bedliner on the bottom of my coil. Will outlast a coil cover and dirt can't get between it and the coil.

While we are on the subject of coil covers! I need to get one for my new 10.5 inch DD Coil and I found that it will cost me almost $30. Wow that is a lot of money for a piece of plastic. But you really need to have one to protect the coil. I put an add here in the classifieds hoping to find a new one, I hope that someone has one lying around.
I was wondering if it is recommended to seal the cover to the coil to keep dirt and water out of the space between the coil and the coil cover. What material do you recommend using? I have never sealed a coil cover to any of the coils that I have and I think it may be a good idea to use silicone that way you could still remove it.
Thanks for the feedback!
Greg

I was wondering if it is recommended to seal the cover to the coil to keep dirt and water out of the space between the coil and the coil cover. What material do you recommend using? I have never sealed a coil cover to any of the coils that I have and I think it may be a good idea to use silicone that way you could still remove it.
When I find a 10.5 inch DD coil cover for my new coil that I can afford I think that sealing in place could really extend the life of the coil?
Thanks for the feedback!
Greg