Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Xterra Pro in high mineralised soil

Andy NM

Is it really Multi IQ or ground filtering where the new Minelab detectors are good at?

Where I live there is very bad mineralized soil.
Many detectors won't hit my test coin (a 50 Euro Cent coin at 8 inches). Some detectors hit it, but ID it as iron. (VDI 76 to 78 out of the ground).

When I testet the Manticore it was the first detector, that hit the coin and target ID was great.

Wow, I thought that is because of its Multi IQ.

Next detectors that did great on that coin are the new Equinoxes (700 and 900).
Again, I thought they ID that good because of Multi IQ.....

But yesterday I tested the new XTerra Pro on that coin. It runs on only 1 frequency. It has 4, but runs on only one (5, 10, 15 or 8 in beach mode).

Surprise: The Xterra hit AND IDed the coin as good as the big brothers. (No matter which frequency I selected, it hit and IDed the coin. I was able to lift the coil at least 4 more inches of the ground until it lost it or IDed it wrong. All that without Multi IQ.

So I believe the performance I see it not about Multi IQ, it must be the ground filtering capabilities.

Before you ask, if the XTerra is as good as a Manticore or Nox 900.....no it is not as deep, but impressive for its retail price.

I was able to run the XTerra at sens 25 (max. sens) with its 12 inch coil. I had the feeling the Manticore or Nox 900 had about the same depth at sens 20.

We all know how deep the Manticore and Nox 900 at sens 20 already are.....

But if you now compare the XTerra Pro to other brand more expensive detectors, it will outperform many detectors in the 800 USD range. Don't forget the gound coverage of the XTerras 12 inch coil.

XTerra tip for high mineralised soil: Ground balance and set recovery speed to 3 (same as 6 on Manticore).

BTW: Always ground balance again if you change modes, frequency or coil. (It realy let it go deeper and run smoth).

nice detector and affordable just in time for another great dep[reassion