Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Xtreme D'tecting

Aaron

Winter is finally here in Michigan. Yesterday the high winds started, gusts upto 50 mph, temp was in the mid 30's. Today alot colder and with high winds, only got into the mid 20's. I finished work today and went off to the park at 4:30 the temp was around 12 above and windy, yeah I know, call me crazy but I'm a year round window cleaner and I'm outside practically all day. My favorite park that I've been hunting in for 23 yrs has alot of hills and I have found in this one area between the hills, kind of like a valley the ground does not freeze like most of the other areas. And most of the ground around here right now is frozen on the first 2 inches. So I got to hunt for a hour. I was wondering how the V3 would do in the extreme weather. After about a 45 minutes my Garrett ProPointer stopped working, it would just make a steady beep, and I had just replaced the batteries. Then not long later, the V3 started acting very erratic, I adjusted the sensitivity and it was only getting worse with alot of false signals and ect. It was starting to get dark so it was time to go anyway, not a total loss I ended up finding 2 pennies and a dime. Saturday is looking better, its going up to 32 above, heatwave!:wacko:

Aaron, I sent my Gold to Midwest over thear I hope i get COLD HARD CASH i think it will be a check,
12% BURRRRRR , Did you feel better wen you got out N got your Fix, Hots i mean Hats off to you, Mickfin

Hi Mickfin, yeah I hadnt been out in 2 days. I was disappointed my stuff stopped working, guess I got to be reasonable. Gonna try again today although the weather will the exact same but tomorrow supposed to be in low 30's I just need one more piece of silver (or gold) to close out the year!

I know one of the DFX's selling points was that the display could handle colder temps, but I have not seen anything on the V3 regarding this. The V3 display is made by Sanyo(?) and is actually the same used for marine depth finders. It would incline me to think that it would not handle the cold very well.

My friend retro fitted his DFX weather guard to fit his V3, and I am sure it would help keep it warmer a bit longer.

This winter should be a real test for the V3. It looks like we are in for some severe weather here in the northeast.

I am hoping to get one more outing in before the end of the year.

I didnt have a problem with the screen it just started chattering too much. I used my CZ 3D today and it did well at around 30 above but once I got it in the shady are where it was 25 and lower it went downhill fast, lots of falsing and chatter. The V3 held up good for at least a good 45 mins in extreme temperature.

All the more reason to detect, go to the sledding hills!

When I beach hunt after the Nor' Easters in the dead of winter I use and empty 12V Battery box wired
to a battery pack thats put inside my jacket near my body. The battery holds up fine but my displays always went out...audio only
This wasn't with the V3 though....

Neil in West Jersey said:
I know one of the DFX's selling points was that the display could handle colder temps, but I have not seen anything on the V3 regarding this. The V3 display is made by Sanyo(?) and is actually the same used for marine depth finders. It would incline me to think that it would not handle the cold very well.

My friend retro fitted his DFX weather guard to fit his V3, and I am sure it would help keep it warmer a bit longer.

This winter should be a real test for the V3. It looks like we are in for some severe weather here in the northeast.

I am hoping to get one more outing in before the end of the year.

I will never know for myself how the V acts in real cold weater. Just to much of a sissy to go out when it gets real cold.:stretcher: