Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Xy screen

KP319

Tell me if I am wrong because I am new to deus two weeks . when you go to xy screen to check for iron with Hi or low numbers and you got iron notch out with no sound you see lines all over the place to be iron YOU THINK!
I çkeck the mult tid screen and check for other tid numbers lf they àre mult tid numbers Hi or low may not be iron.
The reason I am asking is I could hear a high sound with a repeatable tid numbers so I dig found big nails flat metal and one half dollar in same hole off the edge of hole not under the other metal.
May help you or not .
Have better way to use wàter proof bag l glue the protected cover to the bag ànd snap on pole no wires to wrap around àrm pole head set will tàke pictures later.
From south Mississippi metal detecting.
XP Deus
WS5 with remote
Andy Sabisch book
Garrett pro pointer
Bounty Hunter plat pro one good back up.

I don't use the xy screen--- no need plus it can lie or get confused with say a good target next to iron.

Where are you running your disc????
For a beginner with deus try 8.

Now get you some bigger rusty iron and sweep. You may see numbers like 94,98 coming in the screen. As you sweep listen. Notice how raspy sounding, also notice how fast the tone builds as you pass your coil over it.

Now get a dime and a penny and listen. Nice and smooth- not raspy sounding. And notice the nice slow tone build up and let down as you pass the coil over.

Also don' t forget you can use pinpoint too to recognize some of the large iron.

The 2 things with the Deus once you get squared away on--- recognizing iron and learning what a deep target sounds like- it's all down hill from there.

You not using the xy screen will also speed up your detecting process.

And even after you have a good handle overall on Deus, believe it or not you will dig some deep small iron every now and then. If someone tries and tells you they don't. One of 2 things is going on. Either they are not chasing deep signals or they are pulling your leg.