Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ya have to be careful around those "MXT" people.........

OregonGregg

I had a nice MXT Pro and Nancy wrangled that one away from me a year or so back. I finally acquired another really nice cond. MXT Pro and I'll be darned didn't even get to own it for one full day. Monte stopped by to visit a minute and seen it. As you can guess he wrangled that one away from me.

So now poor ol' Oregongregg is MXT Pro-less once again. But not all is bad. Late last year I found a great deal on an MTX Tracker E series and it works very well, found my 1st silver coin of this year with it. Had that great 9" Spider coil attached? They might try to get my MXT's away from me, but I'll always have one around. Great machines.

Hi Rover,

LOL yep your better keep a tight grip on that one. I wouldn't sell it to me either :) Well at least Monte did say, if he ever lets it go I get first shot, so in the meantime, I have the "original" MXT model to play with.

Gregg, I think the MXT is just as good as the MXT Pro, just a back light and ground grab, right? I have found a load of rings with my MXT. When they stop making the MXT, I got a demo modal just incase my other one quit, it is still going strong. No one should be without a MXT.

Yes, I agree, the MXT is a great machine and gets the job done. When my newer Plastic/overly software-driven machines bug out and melt in a heap.....that MXT will still be around and ready to go. It will prob outlast me :) Ya the MXTs are all the same with the "Pro" having a few updated features.

NOT............................

[attachment 355662 Laughing.gif]

Nancy-IL said:

LOL, well ya got me over a barrel, your one of them.....you know.....A Moderator......so I will be nice as not to get tossed :please: But yes I appreciate ya stole my machine and I am really glad that you are finding wonderful treasure with it......really I am LOL.

I don't know what got into me when I decided to sell that one.....but at least I know it went to a really good home. :)

And then there is the one that I sold to Monte, Monte sold it to you, and then I had regrets for selling it, and so you sold it back to me for the same price that I sold it to Monte for. I really thank you for that.

Hey JEF how ya been doing?

LOL ya I remember that. Monte got that MXT Pro from you and then I made a deal to get it from him. It was another one that I owned for only a day. Then you posted on the forum how you regretted getting rid of it so I let ya know I had your machine and ya bought it back. yes, there have been more times than not that I regretted getting rid of a machine. Well, I'm glad you got it back. You should bring it and yourself and join us on the outing April 26th. Is always a fun time, meet others and a chance to find some neat stuff.

Hopefully someday there will be a MXT Pro in my future :)

gregg

OregonGregg said:

LOL, well ya got me over a barrel, your one of them.....you know.....A Moderator......so I will be nice as not to get tossed :please: But yes I appreciate ya stole my machine and I am really glad that you are finding wonderful treasure with it......really I am LOL.

I don't know what got into me when I decided to sell that one.....but at least I know it went to a really good home. :)

I have been so happy with your MXT PRO and it was the least I could do for you. You know, since I am a "Moderator". LOL. I'll keep posting my finds as soon as the weather breaks for us to go out detecting. Yes, it's got a very good home. :thumbup: I appreciate you selling it to me. HH.

JEF said:
And then there is the one that I sold to Monte, Monte sold it to you, and then I had regrets for selling it, and so you sold it back to me for the same price that I sold it to Monte for. I really thank you for that.

The Revolving Door at the detector hotel in action. :detecting:

Rich (Utah)

LOL Rich yes there is a revolving door........and I think the next machine to revolve will be the way overhyped Equinox thing........I'll put a MTX up against it, From reading post in other threads it a 50/50 if you get one with a wobbly shaft or not. For an $899 machine, it does have a poor quality build for the physical package. Hell, the low-end Tek or Fisher machines have the same quality for a whole lot less money.Lots of hype.......but no magic wand. A year from now it will just be another machine that came and went..................

OregonGregg said:
LOL Rich yes there is a revolving door........and I think the next machine to revolve will be the way overhyped Equinox thing........I'll put a MTX up against it, From reading post in other threads it a 50/50 if you get one with a wobbly shaft or not. For an $899 machine, it does have a poor quality build for the physical package. Hell, the low-end Tek or Fisher machines have the same quality for a whole lot less money.Lots of hype.......but no magic wand. A year from now it will just be another machine that came and went..................

If I'm reading you right, what you 're really saying is that you want to be the first to have a go with it when I get up to Oregon for the WTHO. Sure, we can do that. :thumbup:

Rich -

Sure I'll give it a go and then give it my honest evaluation. If its good I'll say so.....which for the beach folks and people looking to swing an ML machine in parks that is much lighter then their other offerings then it will prob work for that. As far as hunting old iron infested sites it prob will be a fail. I don't think ML has figured that one out yet.

OregonGregg said:
Sure I'll give it a go and then give it my honest evaluation. If its good I'll say so.....which for the beach folks and people looking to swing an ML machine in parks that is much lighter then their other offerings then it will prob work for that. As far as hunting old iron infested sites it prob will be a fail. I don't think ML has figured that one out yet.

Have to say that my MXT All Pro I brought out to Nevada WTHO fall of 2016 was sure a pleasure to use with the 5.3 coil. That's a great combo right there. Had been a lot of years since I swung a detector in a ghost town and the MXT/5.3 eclipse made it pretty easy for this ghost town rookie. I think the last time before that was back in like '93 with Monte when he found that old 1836 Capped Bust half dime he's been using in the Nail board tests. Hunted A LOT of private yards since back then.

Anyway, will be a good time having a look at all of the detectors that get brought along in April.

Rich -

Rich, I have to agree, the Eclipse 5.3 in an iron trashy environment performed the best. I liked it over the 4 x 6 shooter and easily over a SEF 8x 6. The 5.3 was less erratic in iron over a DD coil , ID was better and the 5.3 with a slow methodical sweep unmasked better over the other coils.