Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ya Hoo! Finally Got My 705!

evL

Hello Folks,

I have no one else to share this with so I thought I'd share it with you... I finally got my X-Terra 705! I didn't go with the Gold Pack as that coil, the 5x10 Double "D" is not water proof, only water resistant, which I found out after calling Mine Lab. And I need to be able to dunk the coil in some streams. So I got the 9" 7.5 MHz standard coil that is water proof. As well I got the Mine Lab 6" 18.75 MHz Double "D" coil, which is water proof as well, to make my own "Gold Pack" if you know what I mean. I personally heard from several "Gold Pack" owners in my area that they wished they would have just got the standard 705 package and upgraded from there. So, we'll see...

But good grief, now it's 25 degrees outside!!! I am a little worried about using this machine in cold weather. Regardless, summer will come back at some point. Thanks for reading and I apologize, I just had to share this with somebody... I am just so damn excited I cannot contain myself!!!!!!!!!

So whether it be good, bad, or ugly I got these Gray Ghost Deep Woods earphones. I was surprised to find no manual with these earphones. So I head over to DetectorPro.com, the folks that make them, and to no avail there isn't a manual there either. So if anyone knows what the two switches do that are in the phone that has the wire leading to the detector do I would appreciate the information. And if mentioning "Well the front switch does..." or "The back switch does..." - Please state whether or not that phone is on the right or left ear. Once again, the switches are in the phone that has the wire that goes to the detector coming out of it. So "front" or "back" will matter in regards to ones preference to wearing the earphones; i.e. whether they prefer the wire on the right or left; i.e. left or right.

Ok, the best to you and yours...

Congrats of the 705! I have had mine only for about 6 weeks now, so by no means an expert, the only advice I can offer is to make sure you sign up at the Minelab website and download diggers eBook "Understanding your X-Terra" , it is free and has tons of great information! Good luck and HH

Ya Rodger that Dbersh!

I am all signed up with the MineLab website and have the eBook you mentioned.
It is a must have just like you mentioned. Thanks...

Congratulations to the purchase of a great detector !

You gonna dig fantastic finds with that detector.
Have had mine for over a year, and the machine just amazes me.
Simple ,but still advanced if you want to.
Fast and light is also a good option. Had my best finds with the XT705

The 6"DD is great in water. Used mine in streams, and in shallow water ..work fine, never had any problem.
Wish the 10.5DD and 5x10 was waterproof as well.

About cold wheather. I have used mine in snowy conditions. Works great,just put the MD in plastic bag or leave it in the bag
to adjust to room temperature when taking it inside.

Michael

Which model of grey ghosts do you have? there are several.

One of the toggle switches is used to toggle between the different types of plugs that different metal detectors use. The connections wired into the plugs are done two different ways. Mine is a minelab so I have to put the toggle switch in the down position, if I put it in the up position then I wont hear anything. So if you hear the threshold tone when you are hooked up to your 705 then this switch is in the correct position, if you dont hear the threshold just flip the switch,

Your second switch, is it a toggle or a rotary dial. If it is rotary it is probably a volume control. If it is a toggle switch it could be to change the frequency.

My set has four switches and a probe attached. one toggle is to change detectors, one toggle is to switch between the detector and the probe, one rotary is to set the volume and one rotary is to set the threshold of the probe.

I lost the instructions to mine but they were up on detector pros website.

Oh sure you go from building bumpers for jeeps to swinging a 705 :clapping: welcome to the group Mr evL another Montana 705

Thanks for the info on the head phones! And as well thanks for the warm welcome! I can't wait to get over the learning curve and get the most out of this machine. I had a hard time deciding on a machine but I think I've done ok, the research paid off. And hey, a wave to you oldmancrash, I hope all is well.

Thanks Gentlemen...

I did a little research and follow up on the Gray Ghost Deep Woods Earphones. You can see the post in the DetectorPro Product Forum, it's the real skinny on the switches right from DetectorPro. I hope this help anyone that was wondering...

Can't wait to hear what you find! Good luck!!

evL said:
I did a little research and follow up on the Gray Ghost Deep Woods Earphones. You can see the post in the Detector Pro Product Forum, it's the real skinny on the switches right from Detector Pro. I hope this helps anyone that was wondering...