Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Yard Permission Yields Big Silver Haul!

I drove an hour from home this morning and got a nice permission to hunt two adjacent yards. I dug 6 silvers and 13 wheat pennies altogether with F75 - 5 Mercs ('34,'42,'43,'44); 1916 Barber dime; 1958 Washington Quarter.

Overall, a very productive day!

Thanks for looking!

thumbnail[1].jpg

That's a dang good hunt! It's been a while since I've had a 6 silver day. Wtg

That's a nice dime to wheat ratio. Great hunt.

Nice bunch of silver and wheats!
Mark

Yes, I was thinking the same thing. My first 6 coins found were 4 wheats and two silver dimes.
Wish every hunt could go so well!

Well done !

Very nice days hunt.
Ron in WV

New ground is always exciting, this is a perfect example of why.
That's more silver than I've ever found in one day, my largest day is four.
Get back in there and turn that ground radio active from hunting it so much. LOL!

Thanks was worth the hour drive!!!
Nice bunch of silver coins and a handful of wheats.
Just curious, did you also find much clad?

That place deserves at least one more visit. Beautiful haul. My best day ever was 4 silvers. The day before I had taken three out of that yard. I suspect I may have still missed something.

Thanks was worth the hour drive!!!
Nice bunch of silver coins and a handful of wheats.
Just curious, did you also find much clad?

I didn't find that much clad. 3 dimes (one of them the dreaded 1965 Lol); 2 nickels; and 9 memorial pennies, most from the 60s and 70s (only one zinc). The only quarter was the silver one. The yard had obviously never been hunted before.

That place deserves at least one more visit. Beautiful haul. My best day ever was 4 silvers. The day before I had taken three out of that yard. I suspect I may have still missed something.
I did in fact return yesterday. I went to another new permission, but only found a few wheats. I then went to a park and a fairgrounds, but only found newer clad. I returned to the original permission to hunt some more and dug a 1925 Merc next to a sidewalk in front of one of the houses. So my total for the properties is now 7 silvers!