Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Yard sale find and Eagle Spectrum question.

Paul (Ca)

Well, Almost a yard sale find ending up buying the detector a day before the yard sale.

A married couple posted on the classifies an upcoming yard sale event for Sat (today), listed several items one of them a metal detector. So I contacted them yesterday and asked what type of metal detector they had for sale, The sellers wife said her husband was selling his Whites Eagle Spectrum with an extra coil, rechargeable battery and was packed inside a hard case and said her husband bought it brand new and only used it a few times, Never even used the larger coil.

My question, What year was the Eagle Spectrum made? The manual doesn't state a year, Other than having smaller visual ID it's darn close to an XLT. Operates well and actually is an impressive machine, And to think had I not contacted the seller yesterday I believe the detector would have sold within seconds on the opening of this mornings yard sale.

Appreciate any info as when it came out,

Thanks, Paul (Ca)

Paul, If I remember right they came out in 1991. Great find. Looking at the picture yours is one of the later makes of the Spectrum after they moved the control box back closer to the arm cup.

Display forward gave machine better balance and they worked great.

Thanks for the information, It makes sense it looks like a later version and it has both the upper and lower shaft/rod lock connectors which suprised me coming from this model.

Thanks again :)
Paul (Ca)

Thanks, It sure feels soild and balanced well for it's age. Very impressive machine for it's day, I've owned a couple of XLT's but never an Eagle and it's darn close to an XLT's performance.

Thanks again,
Paul (Ca)

Age Smage...You did real well on that find. (A real good performer and can keep up with most stuff in typical hunting.) Inside the battery door is a code for date of manufacture that easy to decipher. CONGRATS!

Thanks for the information with the code,

I looked inside and seen a sticker with the numbers 9144 so I'm asuming it is for 1991-April-4th?

It makes sense but what confuses me is the upper/lower cam locks and crazyman mentioned the control box is mounted to the rear and Elton mentioned the display is more forward.

Well, At least the machine still appears to be an updated model and not from the stone age :geek:

Thanks again,
Paul (Ca)

I think that's the inspectors number. Your serial number is 159068.(or is that 058 ?) Anyway that should be manufactured on the 159th day 0f 96 (95). Looks like you made a good deal. Real clean unit.

I have owned both styles of Spectrums along with the the Silver Eagles so I have to go by memory and that's hit and miss these days. I bought a brand new Silver Eagle in 95 when they came out which is a dressed down Spectrum and it had the older design with the control box forward also. Soon after that they changed the design by moving the control box back closer to the arm cup for better balance on both the Silver Eagles and Spectrums so 95 or 96 would seem about right.

Thanks Dave and Crazyman,

That's even better yet, 1995 or 1996 isn't that old and the unit is in mint condition. Plus, Still had the protective headphone plug mounted on so it appears the user never used the a headset, The users wife did say her husband only used it a few times.

Thanks again for the information,
Paul (Ca)

n/t

Thanks Elton,

Ok, yours makes sense too and looks like it can be from 1994 14th week, The first number and last number are the year and the two middle numbers are the week of the year, It makes sense.

At least it's in the ball park of mid nighties same as the other replies :)

Thnaks again and God bless,
Paul (Ca)