Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Yellowdog Dave

copperhead

Have you updated the firmware on your D80? I have tried a couple of times with the D80 and the D40 and neither have taken. With the warnings of ruining the camera, I hesitate to go completely thru with the instructions. I was wondering if I am too squeamish or should I take both to a camera shop have have it done. What is your experience in this?

No I haven't Copperhead. I'm not very computer savvy - I wouldn't trust myself to do it - Cripes I've only had the camera a couple weeks and it needs upgrading already???

Don't worry about the firmware update, I read the fine print and Nikon will not guarantee that the camera will operate properly if the firmware is downloaded. I guess if the problem was serious, they would recall the cameras or have you take the body to a service center.