Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Yesssssssssss!

umrgolf

I have always wanted to dig a CS buckle of any type, and today I was able to cross it off the list!!

I hadn't been in out in a couple weeks so I decided to head out this morning for a few hours. I went back to the spot where I found the 1851 Officer's sword belt buckle and sabre guard last month, and not 10 minutes into today's hunt, I found a pulltab LOL. And then, two feet away I scored the buckle. I immediately called a few buddies and was almost so excited I couldn't speak.

Honest to God, when I first dug it I thought it said "08"... I had never seen this style buckle so I knocked off a little dirt off and when I realized what I was looking at, I was absolutely floored. In my area there was VERY LITTLE confederate activity so this is a very significant find. I would almost have to believe this was a battlefield pickup that was carried back by a Union soldier. Unfortunately the loop broke into 2 pieces as I was pulling it from the rock hard dirt. I will be sending it off to get repaired next week!

The buckle was identified by my friend as a LEECH & RIGDON CS tongue produced in Memphis, TN. It's a rarity 8, meaning 16-30 known.

Thanks for looking!

RJH02 said:
That is one sweet buckle .Is it an earlier one?

Thanks! A member on another forum posted this photo to my thread. This is the most information I have on the buckle right now.

Awesome find! Might be a wreath there to!!:thumbup:

Way to go! That is awesome, dude!! I can only imagine how that must have felt digging that! I bet you were numb for a few seconds....lol....were your hands shaking when you realized what you were holding?! HH and congratulations!

I know that you must have been very excited over this rare find ! Effort, enthusiasm and research pays off again. You are lucky but good. lol. Thanks for posting this remarkable find as THIS FIND is what its all about for me. :thumbup: Congratulations my friend. CCH

Very cool. Congrats.

Yessssssssssssss indeed, that is a beauty.

Congratulations on the find of a life time.

What I wouldn't give to have that in my display case.

Deno said:
Congratulations on the find of a life time.

What I wouldn't give to have that in my display case.

Thank you all.. I've been looking for the wreath with no success.

I found out this buckle is a rarity 8, meaning 16-30 are known. It has been selected for W&E treasures annual best finds issue.

Wow what a find!!! I can't believe they drank Coors Light back then :rofl: !! Just kidding!!