Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Yesterday I found in my back yard-

Yesterday's metal detecting in my back yard I found an old broken pair of pliers, a long file another penny (memorial) and an old steak knife without the handle. The neighbor told me that the land our houses are on was all own by the Browns. She said when she was cleaning up some of her land she found a head stone that said Brown. I bought my house from the Brown Family. They should have left the head stone there it probably marked Mr. Browns grave.

I also found another ton of old rusty nails! I thought That was an interesting day!

I still don't know what to do. Maybe someone out there can advise me what to do. I found old garbage pit. Should I continue to dig it up or just bury it again? Remember, my house use to be an old gas station. There is another garbage pit I have partially uncovered. It has a few car parts in it. I didn't dig it all up yet. I found a few very old coke bottles in it. I think there is more. I am in this for finding coins not junk.

Thanks for answering.

As you detect you will branch off in recovery items... Can be very interesting . I know a guy who found a $500 dollar marble while digging a coin.
Some Coke Bottles bring big bucks, and Pepsi even more on certain things.. I was surprised on the Pepsi items after doing some research..

dr 4 leaf Clover said:
Yesterday's metal detecting in my back yard I found an old broken pair of pliers, a long file another penny (memorial) and an old steak knife without the handle. The neighbor told me that the land our houses are on was all own by the Browns. She said when she was cleaning up some of her land she found a head stone that said Brown. I bought my house from the Brown Family. They should have left the head stone there it probably marked Mr. Browns grave.

I also found another ton of old rusty nails! I thought That was an interesting day!

I still don't know what to do. Maybe someone out there can advise me what to do. I found old garbage pit. Should I continue to dig it up or just bury it again? Remember, my house use to be an old gas station. There is another garbage pit I have partially uncovered. It has a few car parts in it. I didn't dig it all up yet. I found a few very old coke bottles in it. I think there is more. I am in this for finding coins not junk.

Thanks for answering.

It would be according to the garbage pits age!
Older than maybe 50 years would mean that old junk could be relics! old bottles has a market, you would just need to research that market some.

Old paperboard oil cans brings really good money on ebay! (even empty)
Things that once were true garbage can be worth a lot of money!
OLD Classic car manuals can be worth a fortune! (the right ones) Find a decent owners manual for some old antique car and a person that has one (the car) that they've restored WANTS that manual so they can lay it in the seat during a car show.
According to what's in those trash pits, you could be setting on a Gold Mind!!!
You may not be interested in this stuff yourself, but it could pay you VERY well to maybe change that thinking a bit??

Mark

I originally bought a detector to help locate dumps so I could bottle dig. Bottles of course don't respond, but rusty cans and the like do. From there I've gotten hooked on detecting in general and coin shooting especially. Anyway as mentioned, some targets in the dumps could be old enough to be of interest and even have some value.
BB

Hi dr 4 leaf Clover, I would suggest you determine Township , Range, and Section numbers (legal land description)from a Topo Map of exactly where your house is, then go to the BLM GLO Records site an see what they have on Past land owner Patents of your (Brown's) property. There could possibly be someone that owned that land much earlier than did the Browns'. Either way, you may learn something to put you onto something much earlier to be looking into. Nothing wrong with digging some not so old (it appears)dumps but only when there is nothing better to dig. There may be easier and more fun goodies to be looking for if you know as much "history"of your site as you can possibly learn early on. Go to your local library and read up on any history of your area you can find. Older Aerials are good also when you can find them. Just my thoughts. HH, Charlie