Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Yesterday

steelheadfever

I hunted a construction site where a building had been torn down and everything had been removed. I dug a lot of iron including this piece of iron with this strange writing on it. I planed on hunting it today, but it snowed a little last night and then it had thawed leaving the ground wet. The temps got down to below freezing last night and by the time I got to it it was harder than a rock. It was impossible to dig even with my hodan pick. I left the site and went to a park to see if the lawns had frozen and they had. I am resigned to the fact that I am done for the year and I am not a happy camper.:cry: If you have an idea as to what language the writing on the piece of metal is, please let me know. HH Dennis in Idaho

Looks like MUEXPRO whatever that means:unsure:

I did the same thing. We had a theater in the the next town with that name. It's long gone now. Rob

Thanks guys, It was found at an old site and I will have to do more research. I cleaned it up some more and it says Ivan Koeber and his music and stamped on the O in is the word FOX. Maybe it is a type setting for a newspaper. I guess this will give me something to do seeing that I can't use my detector until spring. HH Dennis in Idaho

n/t

I found an obituary for a women that was married to an Ivan Koeber and they lived in Beaverton,Or. She died in 2000 at the age of 85. HH Dennis in Idaho

Thats neat way to go Dennis....:thumbup:

The "ORPHEUM" was often the name of theaters or buildings where movies and/or stage plays were performed some years back.
BB

That's a cool find Dennis. I'm interested in what it came off of. Thanks and let us know if you find out. Nancy

P.S. We've got 54 today, but the wind is terrible! I stick a stick in the ground and I could push it in about 5" or so. But then we're to get rain, ice and snow during the night and tomorrow.. Hey Rob, are you ready for Texas? I've been to Brownsville years ago. Beautiful beaches! Oh, I want to go too!

Try holding it in front of a mirror and reading whats in the mirror.If its a template, it would be like looking in your mirror of your car and being able to read the ambulance on the front as it is coming up behind you.GOOD LUCK!

Way to go Dennis. I love old iron and have a lot of it. Don't know what I'll do with it but I've got it. Some of the pieces are really ornate and pleasant to look at.Keep on diggin.