Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

yesterdays hunt 5/26

coopercat

I had pretty good luck yesterday. It was starting to rain and i was on my way back to the car but, for what ever reason i took a little detour and found the two standing liberty and the buck knife. The knife cleaned up quite nicely and it works perfect. They were all 6 to 8 in deep. You just never know what makes you turn this way or that. I'm just grateful for the find!

Attachments

• 0.jpeg
    0.jpeg
    36.5 KB · Views: 171
You are absolutely right about turning movements and what you find. After finding that big ring and having worked a fairly large grid I started basically a straight line back across the play fields towards my truck. I could have started at any point and the angle would have changed accordingly. I found a 925 Nike Swoosh ring and one $2 french franc, two $1 francs, and a french dime in a coin spill! Ya just never know....... always keep swinging until hit your ride!

Nice hunting, love those two silver quarters. It's rare to find a liberty standing quarter that you can actually read the date, nature of the beast.

Nice hunting, love those two silver quarters. It's rare to find a liberty standing quarter that you can actually read the date, nature of the beast.
I know the two quarters weren't 1916 but i think they were earlier than 1927. If i read correctly the mint recessed the date on the 1927 to 1930 and it is fairly plain, at least to me that the date area on these two arn't recessed. I haven't found many silver coins yet and it was truly a thrill for me.

I had pretty good luck yesterday. It was starting to rain and i was on my way back to the car but, for what ever reason i took a little detour and found the two standing liberty and the buck knife. The knife cleaned up quite nicely and it works perfect. They were all 6 to 8 in deep. You just never know what makes you turn this way or that. I'm just grateful for the find!
Very nice hunt, coopercat! The Liberty Standing Quarter has always been one of my favorite coins. Best of luck and...
Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel