Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Yesterday's Hunt - Silver!

Blind Squirrel

Howdy--

First, Kenneth and I went to the "Old House Tare Down" site to attempt to regain permission to hunt there. When we arrived at the site we saw the effects of the recent rains that we had - waist high weeds! Forget about it - we will try again either in the winter when the weeds die or if the lot is mowed. Somewhat discouraged we drove around searching for a vacant house or vacant lot. That proved to be fruitless because of a recent hail storm that caused extensive damage - many occupied homes have their windows boarded up making it difficult to identify the sought after abandoned homes. We ended up going to an old tried and true location, the site of a recent post "Back to That House Site - A. Weinman Coins!" . I decided to employ a different strategy because in the past , I had dug a few deep coins using my 6x10 DD coil. I reasoned that I might find something deeper by using the 9" Spider Coil. I was correct. Although this site had been hunted hard and the finds were few, I did dig 3 deep clad dimes and 2 Wheat Cents. My last signal at that site was a 1943 Merc at over 7 inches. The 9" Spider Coil is a very good coil. It gets excellent depth and the pinpointing is spot on. Well, we needed to move on. Although the temperature did not reach triple digits, it was close - 97. We needed to cool off in the air conditioned truck! We went to another site where we had previously both dug silver. I dug a medal that has etched on one side "Stan" and on the other side "Edna" . Then I dug a memorial cent and saw the tip of an old bottle. I gently pried out a 6.5 ounce 10-2-4 Dr. Pepper bottle made in Artesia New Mexico 1946. The day was far from over. I then eyeballed 3 nice old marbles and got a solid 84-86 reading on my V3i and dug the 1943-D Washington quarter. As usual Kenneth dug the OLDEST coin - a nice 1937 Wheat Cent. We were about to call it a day when a car pulled up and the driver asked me if I could find a ring that he lost. We were beat after hunting for over 7 hours in the heat but we followed him to his house and searched his yard for about an hour and a half with no luck. The man was so appreciative of my effort he put a $100 bill in my hand. I assured him that I would come back later this week and cover the rest of his yard. If that ring is in his yard, I'm certain that I'll put it in his hand! Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Good luck finding the ring......nice hunts.....perseverance(hard work) pays off.....good luck to ya!

Thanks Jimmy. That $100 helps to keep diesel fuel in my truck. The guy lost his ring while mowing his lawn. If he hit it it could have been thrown 50 feet from where he thinks that he lost it. I'll be going back to give it another try tomorrow. I'll probably have to crawl under his trampoline and swing the coil there too. If the ring wasn't collected in the bag and thrown out, I'll find it. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Thanks MANDAD76. I'll be going back for that ring tomorrow. If I find it I'll post a picture of it. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel