Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Yesterday's meager finds

HanoverDigger

Took the Deus out for it's second hunt...about 2 hrs worth. I tweaked the Deep Program a little and came up with a chewed bullet, a toasted wheat cent, can't read the date, an Indian Head cent, can barely read the date, 1902, and a cuff size button, plain face, no back or shank. Iron signals were all around the button but was able to pull that out. I dug the IH right after that and then the wheat cent. The Deus worked great amongst the iron. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_20210224_155740411.jpg
    IMG_20210224_155740411.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 88
Sounds good to me. I like the DEEP program but the VDI numbers are not accurate. Don't know what you have your Reactivity set at, but maybe try to change it and go over the area again. I always try to go lower for more depth but my logic is faulty. LOL Usually if the area has been hit you want to go to the higher Reactivity that the other detectors could not touch for getting in close to trash. But you can always try to go lower, too.

I had the reactivity at 2, iron volume 3, audio response 3. upped the disc a tad, sens at 93. I may try lowering the reactivity next time and see how that does. This area has been hit hard too.

Definitely go higher on the Reactivity. "2" is too low for trashy areas. I know you will lose some depth but you will unmask more targets at the higher settings. The point I was making last post is when I lowered the Reactivity on a site that had already been hit I got nothing. The targets that were left were in close to trash that the other detectors missed. I rarely go over "3" .

Ok, thanks for the info. I'll try that next time.