Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Yet another Explorer!!

Jeff in Pa

(y) it's been 5 or 6 years since I had my last FBS machine. Today I got an SE with the Pro coil, 12 x 10 SEF, 5" Sunray and the X-1. It was a sweet reunion! LOL
That flutey high tone is something ya never forget. Just like riding a bike. Nothing spectacular in finds but being able to dig and not dig the junk was a lot of fun. My Anfibio is a bit deeper in the test garden but I sure did have fun with this SE!
I am already thinking about my next day to use it.

Jeff, I too have an Anfibio and SE Pro and your observations are in line with mine. I have found the Anbibio to be slightly deeper, but I get fooled more often with deep targets. I have spent so much time with FBS detectors that I could dig hardly any trash if I so wanted. Silver coins have the "sweetest" sound with an Explorer. Last week I got my coil over a silver sounding coin, but found the ground in this spot frozen solid. I could have chipped it out, but would have damaged the coin. I know the silver sound and I am betting it is silver. Like a kid waiting for Christmas.

Jeff, I too have an Anfibio and SE Pro and your observations are in line with mine. I have found the Anbibio to be slightly deeper, but I get fooled more often with deep targets. I have spent so much time with FBS detectors that I could dig hardly any trash if I so wanted. Silver coins have the "sweetest" sound with an Explorer. Last week I got my coil over a silver sounding coin, but found the ground in this spot frozen solid. I could have chipped it out, but would have damaged the coin. I know the silver sound and I am betting it is silver. Like a kid waiting for Christmas.
Yeah the Anfibio is a very nice machine. For me the biggest downfall of the VLF is modern trash. So much foil and canslaw can sound good. The FBS is a completely different animal.

Gotta love that sweet high pitched warble they make!!