Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Yet Another Hunt! :)

Bill W.

I am mainly posting each of my outings with T2 for the benefit of everyone who is looking at a T2. I usually don't post my finds unless it's a good find for me. I went to a house that was recent razed. The current owner thinks it late 1800's but maps don't support his assumption as I have a 1903 map and it isn't there... :( Anyhow, since I probably won't be able to hunt the next three weekends I figured I'd start with what I was most familiar with... my Explorer. I detected for about 3 hours and was finding coins with the Explorer's stock and WOT coils. Looking for a break from the weight and looking to see what easy coins sounded like on the T2 I switched to the T2. Bear in mind that up until this point my T2 has seen sites I have pounded with my Explorer & 3D. So, easy signals are not my normal thing. The T2 GB around 57-59 most times I GBed. One of the biggest eye-openers for me with the T2 was a wheatie I dug beside a hole I dug using my Explorer. With the Explorer I dug a wheatie. I rechecked my hole and one got a pulltab signal. There was a pulltab signal to the one side of the wheatie. I came back through with my T2 and was able to separate two signals. One pulltab and coin signal were close together but the pulltab was shallow. I ended up digging a wheatie at around 6 inches. That impressed the heck out of me. The other instance which is helping the T2 'prove' itself to me was a deep wheatie. I dug a deep wheatie at a MEASURED 9 inch from the soil line. I got down and put my face to the soil to get an accurate measurement. The wheatie was probably actually 9.5 inches from the coil. That's pretty dang good and comparable to the other machines I have. Good coins signals were hard hitting at this site with the machines I used. I used the T2 for about 2 hours. End of day totals were....

1941 Merc
35 Wheaties
17 Memorials (no zinc)
2 clad dimes
1 clad quarter
1 Junior Sheriff badge
1 WW1 tank whatchamacallit
1 old buckle

-Bill

Watch it Bill, you'll find yourself laying your other units down before long once you get the T2 all figured out.;) Nice job on the finds.:happy:

Nah, I don't think ANY detector could ever fit my every need. My sites vary alot in ground mineralization which sucks for those that only have one machine... :lol: The T2 is beginning to convince me that it's a keeper. My biggest problem right now deciding which machine to use. Thank god there's alot of room in the back of my F-150 crew cab... :)

http://www.pbase.com/bellwoodmder/image/40223886

-Bill

i hear ya! I too went off today with three detectors inthe back of my truck. I had my buddy BH TR, the T2 and my Fisher CZ70. I took them all since I had planned on hitting a couple of places and felt I may need the backup. Well as it turned out I spent 6hrs in one place using the T2 with the set-up I have found works best for jewelry. My shoulder starting hurting again so I gave it up. This is not to say it wasn't a good day though, I made some good ring finds (4).

I left the house with 3 machines yesterday too... my Explorer, T2, and X-Terra 50. I only used the X50 a little bit. Then I split the time almost equally between the Explorer and T2. I love my Explorer but I am really starting to like the T2. It's the first machine to 'make the grade' since I bought my CZ-3D. That is without counting my X50 since I just bought it and I hardly have any time on it.

-Bill

Bill keep us informed on how the X-50 performs. I think Mike Hillis too just picked one up or it may have been another model. Anyway, it has caught my eye from my different readings so am very much interested in how it does, specifically in trashy areas and rich clay laden areas. Thanks for the update, looks like you're doing great with the old stuff. I didn't get out this morning because it's too cold for me and I am just getting over a cold. Don't need a relapse and catch pneumonia. I'll ait till later this afternoon to see if I put in maybe 3-4hrs at a small homestead place I have been eyeballing. My buddy called last night and asked if I want to go back to the hunting club site with him next week. He wanted to do some stuff there and figured maybe I wanted to tag along to do some detecting. Bet you could figure out what my answer was. Talk to you later, I'm going to pull my batteries of the chargers and get my stuff all set up. Hope to leave in another hour or so. Good luck to ya!

Pineapple,

Mike bought the X70 which has a few added a few more user features and adjustments. There's also the ability to use a 3khz coil which is specific to the X70. The X50 can use the 7.5 & 18.75 coils only. I've only used the X50 for a few hours. So, I'll keep my initial thoughts to myself as I always do with so few hours on it. Overall, my opinion is favorable.

-Bill

The feature set of the X70 grabbed me by the throat and wouldn't let go. I had to have one :shrug: Only used it once so far so I don't know how it will turn out but overall I like it. I'm hoping it will be a nice companion to the T2. Time will tell. If it works out I'll be sitting pretty until the itch comes back :rolleyes: I try to keep it under control as best I can :detecting:

I got to figure out a better way to carry two or three detectors in my little Ranger. Right now I disconnect the upper rods and keep them up front and leave the rest connected and placed behind the seat. Sometimes I just carry one, but other times I'll have two or three with me. Never know when one location doesn't pan out and you have to move somewhere else where that one detector doesn't hunt. I've had it happen. If the wife comes along then I'm carrying 4 or more. My next Ranger will be an extended cab but that is still three more years down the road. Maybe get another F150 if they'll bump up the gas mileage. Might go hybrid. Getting a bit tired of being held hostage in my driveway over oil.

Hadn't talked to Dave in a while. Any word on a smaller coil or possibly some updates???

HH

Hi! Mike, last word I got on the smaller coil was from this forum where someone had mentioned this summer? I don't recall the subject line though could swear it was on this forum. Maybe Jeff or Bill could tell us.:shrug:

Regarding the itch, I don't have one though I have been reading and watching what other folks are saying about it. A friend of mine that works on the base said he was thinking about purchasing one, so I think I'll let him be the guinea pig on this one. When he gets it I'll try it out, though am looking forward to reading your and Bills reports.

I have a camper top for my truck if I need to take more than three detectors. I screwed in some of those yard tool holders (yellow plastic, spring loaded) that you see at WalMarts, Lowe's and Home Depot to the side of it where I could easily just snap in my detectors just like you would fishing rods. Works great and allows me to carry up to 8 of them, I have four on each side. Not that I ever take out more than four at a time, but it's there if I ever need them. I sometimes load up three detectors on one side and a few rods/reels on the other side. If not doing well dirt fishing I can always drown a worm/cricket.:biggrin:

I have an F-150 with the 5.4 and it gets similar gas mileage to my 91 Ranger 4.0 did. That's amazing to me. My Ranger had 160 horsepower and my F-150 has 300 horsepower. 140 more horsepower with no difference between the two. I am sure the Ranger's are a bit better now... I would hope.

-Bill

Thats sounds great to me. I had a Ranger, then switched to an F150. Nice truck but that 4barrel carb guzzled gas like a....well...diversity issue there :), but I knew gas was going to be causing nosebleeds so I got another new 4 cyl Ranger back in 2000. Nice truck but I missed the power of the F150, especially when I think I'd like to get another boat.

I'll be checking them out once I get the wife's car paid for. We leap frog the new ones so we both always have good transportation. I burnt out on fixing things on the side of the road, but still keep a couple of wire coathangers, JB Weld, and panty hose in the tool box just in case:lol: