Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

:yikes: Ooooopss - Bye Bye Bling

MDfinds

This was in our local newspaper on Sunday.

Posted on Sun, Sep. 06, 2009

[size=large]Proposal sinks when ring goes overboard[/size]
Kathe Tanner

It was supposed to be the ultimate romantic moment for Gregory Randall and Linda Messerman, recorded for posterity on his video camera at the end of the pier at William Randolph Hearst Memorial Beach in San Simeon.

Instead, they wound up with a filmed record of a nightmare drop-off.

About noon on Wednesday, Randall went down on one knee and poetically proposed. She accepted, but he was so nervous that the ring dropped from his shaking hand onto

I bought another ring 2 weeks later. We were up there in August 2010 and looked for it even knowing it was an exercise in futility. NCOR is amazing, they did not have to do that for us and it was worth losing the ring to learn that people in this world are so gracious to be helpful in this way. We have not set a date yet and perhaps there is a fish out there with a diamond personality.

This story sounds a bit "fishy" to me. What I mean is that I think that the ring is still there. Even if these search and rescue teams are experienced metal detector users, it's not that easy to find a ring in these conditions. It probably sunk down pretty fast in the surf agitated soft sand. I think that a fish swallowing it is possible but the least likely scenario. Just my two cents. HH!

Whatever we all think maybe we should change hobbies and go fishing for a while?? you never know.:shrug: that poor man.

Cheers Maureen..

I actually did see an article where someone caught a bass and found a very nice ring in it's gut.

That said, if I were to bet ... I kind of think the ring is still in the water somewhere.
Cheers,
tvr

It fell through a hole in the planks that was about 1 inch long by 1/2 inch wide. What are the odds. When I ran back the the video, I could see the ring falling away when I slowed it down. Ben Boer who is so amazing and his team gave it a good search. So if a fish ate the ring and a pelican ate the fish, Perhaps the ring will be in pelican poop somewhere, so don't just flick it off your shoulder if its you. I have attached a still from the proposal video.