Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

You Aftermarket Types - Large Accessory Battery For New HF Coils

Since the HF coils have a separate battery built into the lower rod, here is an idea. A larger battery that can mount underarm to give a weeks running time on a single charge plus better balance the Deus. Of course this would probably mean routing a cable extrernally kind of ruining that wireless thing people like. It would however also make it easier to use alternate rod assemblies. The new battery in lower rod makes it much harder to put the coils on alternate rods, like the Golden Mask telescoping rod for instance.

I know you guys here are not prospectors but this coil was designed in large part to serve that market. It would be a benefit to have a battery that can run a week on a single charge yeah, I know, I can use a separate USB power brick type charger. Lots of ways to solve the issue. But I think the larger underarm battery idea has merit. I know the Deus is light but it is a bit nose heavy and personally I do not mind a little extra weight to get better balance. It puts less torque on my wrist.

You will still have to deal with the batteries in the remote and/or the headset receivers. V4 knocks out the battery in my remote faster than the coil battery even if it's in 4k.I don't know what effect the V4 HF coils will have on the remote and headphone components as far as battery life but so far it's been pretty disappointing with 11". It doesn't make much since to have a bigger battery for the coil if you can't program or hear what it's telling you,,,,,still need a method to charge all components if you want to run that long without charging.

I noticed that there is a French seller on ebay offering a 1000mah replacement battery for the Deus, the original I think is around 630mah.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NOUVEAU-Batterie-1000-mah-pour-disques-XP-Deus-detection-metaux-/122433277243?hash=item1c81978d3b:g:TncAAOSw2gxYvNUz

well that solves the volts question its one cell 3.7V nominal , so if you had 6 x 18650's for example wired in parallel and they are 3000mah that would be 6 x 3000 = 18000mah that's gunna run the coil for a week and a day 24hrs a day..

but I agree then the remote and ws4 would need charging but carry a usb 18650 pack and charge the remote ws4 in the field pretty fast stop for lunch of when stopped for the night.

I don't care either way but fiddling with battery's is fun :biggrin:

AJ

Hey AJ,
If you have that much capacity, why wouldn't you use some of it to charge the headphones and remote when needed? Just a thought

steve herschbach said:
Since the HF coils have a separate battery built into the lower rod, here is an idea. A larger battery that can mount underarm to give a weeks running time on a single charge plus better balance the Deus. Of course this would probably mean routing a cable extrernally kind of ruining that wireless thing people like. It would however also make it easier to use alternate rod assemblies. The new battery in lower rod makes it much harder to put the coils on alternate rods, like the Golden Mask telescoping rod for instance.

I know you guys here are not prospectors but this coil was designed in large part to serve that market. It would be a benefit to have a battery that can run a week on a single charge yeah, I know, I can use a separate USB power brick type charger. Lots of ways to solve the issue. But I think the larger underarm battery idea has merit. I know the Deus is light but it is a bit nose heavy and personally I do not mind a little extra weight to get better balance. It puts less torque on my wrist.

Why complicate an all ready complicated battery situation? If you need a weeks worth of charge just take the power brick to charge everything and leave it in camp. If you need more weight at the elbow carry a box of .44 mags strapped under the rod for grizzlies or lions,,,,,or an IBM selectrix to type out your daily report.

Weird. I really have no clue what about all this offends you so much sprchng. Maybe it's just the way you are. Whatever, I'll take it elsewhere. Have a good one.

steve herschbach said:
Weird. I really have no clue what about all this offends you so much sprchng. Maybe it's just the way you are. Whatever, I'll take it elsewhere. Have a good one.

No offense taken at all Steve , at least not on this end , just discussing your idea on a public venue.
However , if anything besides a sycophantic comment motivates you to withdraw your input , so be it. I have found the quality of an idea is the best determinant as to whether it merits additional input:)

sprchng said:
steve herschbach said:

No offense taken at all Steve , at least not on this end , just discussing your idea on a public venue.
However , if anything besides a sycophantic comment motivates you to withdraw your input , so be it. I have found the quality of an idea is the best determinant as to whether it merits additional input:)

I have found that literally anyone can stand back and fling lion dung at any idea they think is stupid.

It's much more of a challenge to show a bit of class, and if you don't have the ability to add anything constructive to the conversation, to add nothing at all.