Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

You can now upload and download E-Trac patterns into posts now

TechBill

Administrator
Staff member
Findmall Sponsor
This pattern was downloaded from Minelab website to use as a test but you should be able to upload your own patterns to share with other users on this forum. Use the same button you use for Uploading Photo but we will change the wording later on it to represent what you are actually doing.

Bill

You guys in the States tend to use Patterns a lot more than we do in the UK so the E trac exchange will be more useful to you I reckon. Because of the Enormous amount of metalic items that are still buried in our soils here going back as far as 2-3000 years we tend to run our Explorers very open with little or no discrimination. We just darent knock out all the pull tabs & ringpulls etc that you guys do incase we're losing out on a lovely Artefact or relic or valuable coin. I think even John Moore will agree with me on that. We tend to dig everything. Last Sunday I dug a large piece of 2000 year old Bronze Artefact with the E trac on my first trip out and it came up from a genuine 18" in a very sandy soil at our Corfe Castle rally. It gave me a hell of a signal as well.

unearth said:
Do you have to have the E-Trac plugged into your computer to download any of the programs?

No you can simply download the ptn file straight onto your computer and then if you want to load it up to your E-Track you will need to be connected by the USB lead.

n/t

TonyH ,after all the years we have known each other ,your post is correct, here we open up wide and dig most signals that are deep,for us to discrim out pull tabs and ring pulls etc ,could be a gold ring many hundreds of years old ,the range of coins that are iron based are so varied ,our silver hammered coins are never consistant with the same readings , so the varation is emense and the only way to go is very little discrim and dig all those deep signals .