Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

You might be surprised...

gordygroover

Went to a jewelery store to buy my daughter a bauble last week. After making my selection I was at the counter paying for it and noticed a jewelers Lupe on the counter. I asked to look through it and after getting the "go ahead" I pulled a coin out of my pocket and checked it out.
My eyes are getting to the point that just using a cheap magnifying glass just isn't cutting it anymore. The jeweler asked what I was doing and when I explained that I use a metal detector and need to inspect my finds he face just lit up...
Now here is the good part.. He was fascinated with hearing about the hobby. Having my Ace in the car I went to get it and he and I played in the showroom with the machine for ten or so minutes. He tossed a couple rings on the floor..gold, platinum, titanium and just loved hearing the different sounds the Ace was making and how it would pinpoint.
The best part of all this rambling is that he asked me if it would be O.K. if he could have people CONTACT ME if they had lost something.. He said that about 6 times a year people will come in mentioning that they have lost some piece of jewelery or other valuable.
If I don't have some business cards printed up and laying on the counters of the bigger jewelery shops in our little town in the next few weeks I would be an idiot.
Never hurts to ask or to advertise yourself to the local merchants I guess.

From the land of the Bluenose.....that is true. have hobby cards with me all the time and also check lost and found in the paper. Of course the most effective advertisement I use is wearing a chain around my neck made from about 120 to 140 gold and silver rings.....great conversation piece. Dislike wearing jewelry by the way. happy hunting.