Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

You were right, the 10x12 SEF is a winner

Mojave

Went relic hunting today and I have NEVER dug deeper holes than I did with the 10x12 SEF. I dug an old fork at about 13", miniballs at 9-11", etc. Don't have pictures yet, but I was finding some really deep stuff.

I tried out the 15x12 SEF and although I'm sure it would go even deeper, it's weight quickly became an issue for me. Very heavy coil. My arm and back are sore and I was using the 10x12 SEF 95% of the day. I couldn't imagine how I'd be feeling right now if I kept the big coil on all day. I think I'm going to return the coil instead of getting a swingy thingy. It didn't separate the targets out as nicely as I liked, and I would only use it in really clean areas, and there aren't too many of them around the areas I detect. The 10x12 was getting PLENTY of depth and I don't know if I would want it to go any deeper.

Good report on the 10 X12 Mojave ..... Sounds like your gonna be doing a lot of digging now ......:clapping:
I can't wait to try out my new !0 X 12 ....

n/t

Congrats on your deep goodies!!

The 10x12 is a good coil but your other coils (Pro or 10.5) should be getting 9-11" minnie balls too!

Just curious what you were using before.

Thanks

Ron

I used the slimline 10.5" coil. I've dug deep with that at times as well, but with the SEF coil the deeper stuff was more common. Maybe it was separating the targets out better? I went over the same ground I went over before and found several keepers that the other coil missed.

The 10x12 and the Pro coil will both out-perform the stock slim line by a considerable margin.Almost like upgrading to a newer improved machine :thumbup:

I didn't mind the weight of the 10x12 SEF. At the end of the day, my arm and lower back were sore, but after 7 hours of non stop detecting with the SE, I was expecting this. It didn't feel that much heavier than the 10.5 slimline that I usually use. The 15x12 was the one that had a real weight problem.

I run a 15x12 SEF on my Explorer II with a Sunray on it as well.
This is the only coil I have used on the detector other than the original 10.5.
I do not think it is too bad as far as weight is concerned...Explorers in general are not exactly "light" detectors to begin with.
I am 44 years old, and YES I eat my spinach! -lol-

:lol:

:biggrin: With that kind of applause--it's GOTTA be good!----I'll get back to ya Bryce.----Ah LIKES IT!!!-------Del

Great thread, as I also have original coil on Explorer II. This is the year I want a coil update and keep going back and forth between Pro and 10x12 SEF. It looks as if the 10x12 is getting some great support.

What are Pro coils selling for now?