Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

You Whatzit men are outstanding! Need more help!

Pete4AU

[attachment 306583 Charger2.JPG][attachment 306584 clip1.JPG][attachment 306585 clip2.JPG][attachment 306586 clip3.JPG][attachment 306587 round1.JPG][attachment 306588 sos.JPG]I'm showing the gunpowder flask 'charger' because it's only on the screen in the video for a second or two. I thought it was modern junk and left it there. chispa on this forum informed me that it was indeed an old relic and a good one. I went back today and got that baby! It has been suggested that the clip thing is a suspender clip. No way! Too small and flimsy for a man's suspenders. The circular copper thingy I have no idea. The item with the handle reminds me of an old freezer door latch.
Set me straight gentlemen. As always, thank you for your time, All the Best and HH. The link to the video of these items being found and a lot more is here [video]http://youtu.be/fnazaxVk8II[/video]

Hey pete here's some examples of 19th century suspender parts, I'm pretty sure that's what you have
The first three rows are pants adjusters, the rest are suspenders.
Glad you found the powder flask part, no sign of the rest of the flask though?
Don't have a clue on your latest items, one kinna looks like a coat hook , dunno?

Old dress suspenders,and kid suspenders were only 3/4 of an inch wide ,and made out
of light weight material. Most of the clips for them were just stamped out of thin metal and
were on the cheap side. The round thingy could be the base of a candle holder, and the other
item looks to be the hook from a folding coat rack.

The clip could also be from an old document folder or pouch too.

I think the circular copper thing (bottom left picture) is part of a doorknob. Like on a bedroom or bathroom. Modern ones are almost flat, but when I was very little I remember seeing those in my grandmother;s home. It hides the spot where the bar connenting the two doorknobs goes through the wood. If it is around 2 inches across the wide end I would bet on it.

Okay chispa, in your photo .... 2nd row from the right, 3rd one down.. BINGO!

Thanks again!!!!

Now that chispa and sawmill suggest coat rack my morse code S O S er idea seems like a long shot.

Thanks.. I guess

dave5710 .. that little round thing is about 1 3/4 inches in diameter. Close enough I'm thinking.

Thank You