Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

You will not believe what the ATX found at the beach today

Johnho

We head to the beach at Daytona Beach for a few hours. Girl friend likes to sit and whatever, I don't but anxious to do some detecting with the new ATX. I've had this out several times since I got it and always have to increase discrim some to settle it down in the salt beach. Every time I swing I would get a little beep. What the heck is this about? So I continue anyway. Doesn't affect anything but why is this happening. I go on. Finally I decide I'm going to get rid of that little beep. So a keep increasing discrim. Nope still there. A thought goes off. Hmmm. I raise the ATX higher and it gets louder. Higher some more. Better signal now.

I FOUND MY NEW REPLACEMENT KNEE. Every time that coil went in front of that knee it sounded off. Had to chuckle. When I got home I used the propointer and sure enough, it sounds off really well. That ATX is sure sensitive to body parts.

Great troubleshooting, Garrett Technicians should be happy you solved the problem..... Now, you need to try a target in front of your knee to see if the knee masks the target on the ground OR can you still hear it?

Actually that happened a couple of times and I had no problem picking out the new signal. But if the target was deep and weak I may not be able to pick it out. Just something for others to know when the get a knee replacement.

Steel toe shoes will do the same thing...learned that quickly back in 1982, with my first detector. Now days I can even get a signal off of the eyelets on some shoes or if they have a metal arch. My wife has pins in one of her feet and bingo...another target that was hard to locate.

That's funny! The hardware for knee replacements are made out of titanium. I work with patients post-op with hip and knee replacements. So......was it a low high or a high low :devil: