Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

YOUR ADVICE ON A SAND SCOOP

alvin-xlt

Howdy all, im needing to get out into the water above waist and its difficult digging without the propper scoop. looking for some advice on a good scoop. im not always digging in sand sometimes its rocky so it must be durable. thanks you and HH

RTG 6 inch travel scoop, it breaks down in half and angled just right --have a handle put on it at the factory because it is a must. I cut in a screen mesh at the bottom inside the scoop and also a magnet for the metal objects and those hairpins. I just got mine this past August and took it Florida--worked great

I have bought 5 scoops, sold 2 and kept three. I would suggest you get an RTG scoop. Stainless is the way to go, but it is heavy if you are in good shape go for it, aluiminium may be the way to go if weight may be a problem over a 5 hour period. Are you digging sand, gravel, salt water and what depths, these all have a bering over which style to buy.

Gerry

This is 7" Aluminum. Grab bar helps pulling scoop out. Works great. RTG scoops.

alvin-xlt said:
Howdy all, im needing to get out into the water above waist and its difficult digging without the propper scoop. looking for some advice on a good scoop. im not always digging in sand sometimes its rocky so it must be durable. thanks you and HH

I'm not a big fan on the long pull handle, i have the short handle and works fine for me, i guess if you are older or need the leverage then that might be you best bet

Im fairly new to this.... but i can tell you i have an RTG 7 aluminum. Its a round scoop and what i find is in light sand with shell it can be difficult to get it in. Id recommend one of the pointed SS scoops .... get the one with a place to put your foot. In deep water you find you are to light to get much pressure and for me just trying to find a place to put my foot while im being pushed around is a bit hard. RTG may sell them.... i know they will put a handle on it or about anything you want.

Dew

Has nothing to do with age...

Has nothing to do with leverage...

arclyt said:
I'm not a big fan on the long pull handle, i have the short handle and works fine for me, i guess if you are older or need the leverage then that might be you best bet

There is Aluminum with Stainless lip.
Just saying.