Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Your Favorite Wet/Dry Beach Coil for the SOV/GT?

Waterman

What is your favorite coil for depth on rings & coins on a wet/dry beach? I am about to get another Sov/GT and cannot decide on which coil to use, there are alot of choices these days.

Sef 15x12

I use the Sunray S-12 on my GT and could not be happier. It operates quiet and deep. I am a happy customer. I also use the Sunray probe with works great too.

On the Sov. GT which would be a better choice a S-12 or 12.5 Excelerator coil? And why do you feel that way? Or does it even matter between the two?

I only beach hunt that is were these would be used.

Thanks

As to the original question, The SEF 15 X 12 is my favorite for the beach with a swingy thingy to help with the added weight on those 6 + hour day long hunts. Off the beach I use the stock 10" tornado, which is still a bit too big for the trashy areas. I found a VERY small (like small child's size) ruby ring yesterday, with the SEF on, at +10" deep! (I also dug up a small 1/4" piece of slag at 8" deep). You know you are getting good small object coverage when many targets keep going through the holes on your scoop, and you have to search through the tailing's of what went through your small holes on your scoop to find that target you just dug! It has no problem finding very small objects, yet gets great depth, and covers more territory with every sweep!

HH

Beachnut

When I used the 15" WOT on my previous Sov/GT I seemed to max out for depth at 14"-15" for Gold rings, I could just barely hear the Gold signal/tone at those depths as it was ever so faint for me Does the SEF 15x12 seem to max out at about the same depth?
Thank you for all the replies so far, it is appreciated,,,

Waterman said:
What is your favorite coil for depth on rings & coins on a wet/dry beach? I am about to get another Sov/GT and cannot decide on which coil to use, there are alot of choices these days.

I tend to go back to my WOT or the 10 inch coil. The WOT is sensitive considering it's size. I find that I can run it a bit hotter without falsing compared to other (older model) big coils