Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

your typical ks. farm field finds

kansa54

Took my Vaquero and drove 75 miles to hunt some farm fields where old farms once stood. I get there and find that the soybean fields I was wanting to hunt had not been cut. Eventually found a field I had hunted many yrs. ago which had the beans off of it. Didn't find much but what I did find is very common for these type of places. Usually find Indian head cents and almost always some type of token. Silver is scarce but occasionally I find a spot that produces several silver coins. These people didn't have alot of money to lose.
The Vaquero works very well on these types of hunts. Normally alot of iron scattered about and the V works through it quite well. Settings were first notch below nickel, sens. at 9 and threshold slight hum.

Great post I like those types of finds . its not always about finding silver in my book its about locating just such items to hold and think what those people in that era had to work for and amuse themselves with such as the harmonicas and such thanks for sharing

It looks like you had a great relic hunt. :thumbup: Why only '9' on the sensitivity?

tabman

thats pretty good in my world,

dirt doctor, I was using the stock coil.
tabman, I had the sens. down a little because of all the iron laying around. Seems to work better in this situation with the sens. down a little.
BarryL, its amazing the number of harmonica reeds a person finds on these sites. Apparently everyone played a harmonica back then.
Another common find on these sites are the shotgun shells and .22 shorts. I'm always surprised at how hard the vaquero hits on .22 casings.

Those are the type of items I would enjoy finding! Congrats!!!!How much ground did you have to cover to come up with those finds?

Tone time, I didn't have to cover much ground because I had hunted this field years ago and knew the good spots. The first time on a site like this can be hard though. You have to figure out where the house was.

Nice job on the field hunt. I get so tempted to try that field hunting, but sometimes I have a hard finding good targets at a good spot!

Thats all good stuff. I play a harmonica, not very well. My dad is real good. I heard my grandmother was pretty good too. Dad says a lot of his uncles and aunts played one. It was a cheap instruments poor people could play and my Grandparents, great granparents... were poor .