Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Your WS5 Headphone Experience Please

Golden Eagle

Hello all. I apologize ahead of time if my question has already been answered in another thread. Basically what I want to know is how your experience with the WS5 is for those who use/used them? I've read some mixed reactions and before I take the plunge and buy them I want to hear what you have to say. I never liked the stock, behind the neck headphones as I really babied them and they still broke :rant: and really never fit on my head anyway. (Yes, I know the proper way of wearing them) Thus I wonder, are the WS5's are a better choice?

Many thanks,
Rob
A California Yankee in King Willem Alexander's Court

The WS5 headphones seem to fit some and are loose on others . . . . but they are solidly built, lightweight and the screen is larger than the WS4 screen is. I like my set but that is my opinon

If you have a WS4 controller already you can buy replacement backphone bands for under $25 and you may want to look at the thrid party phones that accept the controller converting into an over-the-head set or go through some of the past posts here for directions on making your own

Hope this helps

Andy

I have the WS5 phones and would of liked to have kept them but even though I have a big head (many ball caps wont fit me) they were too loose and start falling of my head when bending over. Instead I had my dealer replace them with the WS4 backphones and I ordered a set of the CP6 Chefphomes.

Now even though they didn't fit my head I will say they are built well, seem tough, nice soft materials touching the skin, and are light. The screen shows the menu well and the buttons are convex so easy to push. Sound was clear and not too harsh. Build quality was what I'd expect coming come XP......very good.

Dave

I find that they loosen while being worn and end up with the headstrap over my eyes....they seem like they are well built otherwise, but the latching mechanism to keep them sized doesn't seem to stay locked....I think I would have liked the WS4 with the CP6 conversion for a full earmuff type...

Golden Eagle said:
Thank you for your replies. Dave, how do you like the CP6 Chefphones?

Rob

Rob, the CP6 phones haven't arrived yet but I read where a few people who got them really like them and they don't wanna fall off.
I'll post a review once I get a few hunts in with them on.

Dave

I have the WS5 headphones and like them just fine. They are light, comfortable, have good tone and work quite well in keeping out external noise. I have not noticed that they are loose or loosten up. Perhaps I have not used them as long as others. Did have one of the muffs fall off but it was easily reattached. Apperently they are made so the muff can be replaced if need be.

I have both of them - the Chef phones and the WS5.
The Chef phones are silencers if it comes to reduce external noises - I have difficulties to hear my pinpointer while wearing them. And they are fitting a bit narrow, but still enough to survive some hours of detecting.
The WS5 are sitting comfortable (if correctly adjusted, they do not move much on my head. Since I wear glasses, I have some difficulties, if I need to readjust them after digging - this causes the headphone to move around a little bit as well, while the chef phones are pressing the glasses in a way, that they do not move around at all.
The sound of the WS5 (of of my model) is a bit less crispier, more bassy, than from the other phones but still enough to follow up.
Best greetings from Germany
Olaf

Danke Olaf,

Your answer was very helpfu! on the pro and cons of both headphones. I have a new pair of WS5's that i recentlyI bought but I found that as soon as I slightly bend over they slip off. I'm more than a bit disappointed in XP for putting out such expensive headphones that are mostly unadjustable and dissatisfying for so many. Much time has been spent in building ones of the worlds bet detectors and they can't seem to get a good option of headphones, Hopefully the Chefphones won't be too tight. Thank you Olaf for your reply.

mit freundlichen Gr

I agree on the loose fit. Otherwise, the WS5's appear very lightweight and well built. The plastic
headband simply does not create enough tension to keep the headphones comfortably in place. I can
see where after some time in the sun perspiration under the ear cups would cause them to
easily slip off.

i have the chefphones CP6 and it won't fall off, very tight but comfortable and also very light.
for the price it's really a no brainer.

I have the WS5's and I really like them. I don't like headphones that fit really tight cause they are uncomforable on a long hunt. I always wear a cap when I hunt and I do not have problems with slippage. They have good sound quality and the large display is much easier to read than the one on the WS4's.

They are excellent.

A very minor problem is the cushion covers can sometomes come off.

They are easy to re-fit but not with cold hands out in the field.

I have never ever wanted to go back to backphones.

I solved the padded cushion cover problem as shown. Jerry.

hamdit said:
i have the chefphones CP6 and it won't fall off, very tight but comfortable and also very light.
for the price it's really a no brainer.

I agree.

I personally like the WS-4 phones as they are so light. Everyone has their own likes and dislikes.

Big Boys Hobbies said:
I personally like the WS-4 phones as they are so light. Everyone has their own likes and dislikes.

I didn't think I'd like the backphones, but so far they work great and feel like you're wearing nothing on your head. Very pleased with them!