Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Youre not going to believe it!!!!

qicpic

Ive been metal detecting for twenty years now and living in Florida old coins are hard to come by, ( ive never found a silver coin ) well today I was making a key for a reposessed vehicle ( I'm a Locksmith) and in the cup holder was this 1898 Barber Dime!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the best news it that the people who work there let me keep it !

very exciting, thanks for taking the time to read and HH

John

In Florida silver is indeed a rare find! Take it where you can find it......

nice dime. But thats been my point all along it is so hard to find old coins in Florida.plenty of junk though HH

qicpic said:
Ive been metal detecting for twenty years now and living in Florida old coins are hard to come by, ( ive never found a silver coin ) well today I was making a key for a reposessed vehicle ( I'm a Locksmith) and in the cup holder was this 1898 Barber Dime!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the best news it that the people who work there let me keep it !

very exciting, thanks for taking the time to read and HH

John

Congradulations. But sorry to hear that you haven't found silver yet. At least you are honest. I read quite a few detector forums, and to read some of the posts, it's like the silver and gold are jumping out of the ground in Florida and elsewhere. One poster in California says he has found over 400 silver coins just from Januay to March of this year. I know, hard to believe.