Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Z-link users - volume control problem.

PopeBurford

My headset has recently become a little flakey. I will be detecting and for no apparent reason the tone will 'fade' to where the signal is almost gone. I will adjust the volume control but the next signal will be so loud it almost shatters my eardrum. Re-adjust and it will be fine for awhile and then we repeat the process. I haven't seen anyone else post this type of problem. Thought I would ask the users before going to Garrett.

Try turning the headset around and see if it helps? EMI at location? Cell phone on? You may have to call Garrett if it can't be resolved by trying a different location, cell phone on or headset turned around.

Garrett 1 800 527 4011 Good luck!

Thanks John. Considered all the various forms of interference but didn't think about turning the headset around (I always keep the volume ctl on the right side). Since there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason, I'll try that next time. I know the AT Pro has the 'weaker' signal for targets at deeper depth and I was worried that might be causing it. I'm going to the Garrett hunt in a few weeks and if the problem persist, I'll hit those guys up at the hunt. Ben

I have the Garrett AT Max and my headphones do the same thing. I fiddle with the volume control and it get better, I think it is a problem in the earphones.