Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Ziggy? Vista Smart+ vs Gold Gain Vs Warrior

Druid

Question for Ziggy and Richard, and any others who have experience with any combination of the Vista machines listed.
I want a simple to use unit to carry along in the truck for opportunistic digs while out driving, and and 4x4'ing back country roads.
I would really appreciate your informed opinions on best Deeptech machine for mixed use, park hunting, bark chip playgrounds, forest/relic and general beep dig action.
Machine & coil combo recommendations please gentlemen.
Thanks, & HH,
Drew.

Allo there, a good general all rounder would be the Vista Smart +
It’s still great on finding small stuff but it’s not as twitchy as with the likes of the VG or the VGG, so for the areas you have mentioned this would be great, but it you wish for that little extra discrimination to eliminate foil then the sprite will give you that extra cover when your disc is past the 12 o’clock mark and with the coke button pressed, but either way these machines will be fine for your needs providing you don’t want to disc out more, but go too far with disc on any machines you’ll be losing nice items.

Too right Ziggy.
I will be using my original VG for the backwoods here, relics, and old gold mining areas and ghost town sites.
I currently have a number of machines that are suitable for manicured sites where one doesn't want to be digging numerous holes.
What I will be waiting and watching for is a new Deeptech North America Edition with an extended disc range suitable for parks, etc.
If they can put in a simple three tone audio ID, (low, medium, and high tones), and a true non-motion pinpoint, (no auto-tune!) so it can be used for sizing, and tracing a targets profile then I am in for sure, (and I expect I will have a lot of company).
Cheers,
Drew.

Druid said:
Too right Ziggy.
I will be using my original VG for the backwoods here, relics, and old gold mining areas and ghost town sites.
I currently have a number of machines that are suitable for manicured sites where one doesn't want to be digging numerous holes.
What I will be waiting and watching for is a new Deeptech North America Edition with an extended disc range suitable for parks, etc.
If they can put in a simple three tone audio ID, (low, medium, and high tones), and a true non-motion pinpoint, (no auto-tune!) so it can be used for sizing, and tracing a targets profile then I am in for sure, (and I expect I will have a lot of company).
Cheers,
Drew.

A Deep Tech with those tweeks for North America would certainly be looked at real hard.

Tesoro didn't listen to Keith Southerns valid suggestions regarding improving the Tejon that would turn it into a supreme machine, where are they now.........................

Americans are offering to boost DT's acceptance and boost customer base with a machine that fits their needs. Nokta/Makro saw the opportunity.

Here's DT's chance.

A big plus would be a smaller control box.

Like Drew said, 2-3 tone, non-motion pinpoint, with movable break point like the Gold, clear crisp definable audio and expanded disc range-up to or past US nickel would be a plus.

Yes Please!
(I want to be able knock out up to zinc for some sites, better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it)
You can always drop your disc, but you can't add to it.
JMHO.

Everything is being listened to folks :thumbup:

Awesome news Ziggy.
OK, Here's another wish list item:

CONCENTRIC COILS

5 & 8" (please Santa!).

Any machine with expanded discrimination Santa, these two, (expanded disc & concentric coils), go hand in hand for many sites.
Also adds versatility, hunt with DD, then hunt again with concentric.
Horses for courses right Ziggy.
Oh, and I have been good this year.:please:

Indeed horses for courses and lets hope all these letters reach Lapland :lol:

Yes full disc range on a Deeptech and I would be in heaven!

The audio is SOOOOO good on Deeptechs that full disc for cherry picking in iron for High conductors would make me sell my other machines.

Even a simple three tone mode would work just have it break to third tone at zinc cent like the GMP does.

Deeptech has a great platform and in my soil unmatched depth to be honest..and quite possibly the best iron un-masker made coil for coil.

and if it had some more disc range above foil It would be all I need.

Do I dare say if it had an ID meter to boot!!

Dont mess with the audio or try to make tit sound digital..there's tons of that stuff. the analog audio DNA is the bets there is.I can tell weird shaped non ferrous and round shaped non ferrous in a sea of iron with the audio feed..I can usually call a button or coin before I dig it by the ROUND sound..

This is a great platform and with some tweaking It can be world class in all aspects I feel.

I love to use my VGG in beat on sites and see what everyone has left.

Id like to be able to use it in mixed use sites and work my way backwards as I go.from cherry picking to dissecting as time passes on the site..I hate swapping machine's to be honest especially when the Deeptech audio is so addictive..with some added disc or extra tone or even Visual ID.Id never have to swap around as I go.

Keith

Definitely a small concentric coil. Something in the 6-7 inch range. If you went with a 5 inch concentric I would be concerned about depth. I could be wrong about that. However I'm getting great depth with my 5" DD. A smaller control panel is a must as well. It gives the feel of rocking back and forth from side to side. A little awkward feeling. Also a tighter shaft. Even when everything is tight it still feels floppy. With the Pitbull on it has a "pendulum effect". Makes for a long day of hunting. Even with all these faults it's still the deepest machine I own and absolutely the best machine in iron I've ever had my hands on. My Smart Plus never leaves my truck.

Like Keith I would like to see a 7 or 8in concentric for the VGG and Smart plus. Expanded disc range would be nice but would take 3 tones over that with break points at iron and zinc. Concentrics will do for now though. A north American facility for repairs and upgrades so I have a place to send my two machines to get them updated would be nice to.hehe.

I also agree, a concentric Coil would sure cut the mustard in the iron.