Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

zz20-- help

mean cz20????

Down load a manual from the Fisher web site if you don't have one.

Here is one thread that has discussion on running autotune with some notes on running discrimination mode:
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?23,1028349

And just spend some time reading through this forum. There are a lot of CZ related settings and observations here. The CZ20 is an analog CZ that behaves like the land based analog detectors except that it is always in salt mode and does not have the ID meter.

Best bet is to take it out and try it. I started getting familiar with my CZ20 over some school grounds and even found a couple of rings on the school grounds with the CZ20.
Cheers,
tvr

Where you gonna be using it? Fresh or salt water? Beach?

Didn't get mine wet this year very often but did get it a lot of swing time. Mostly sidewalk and roadway construction sites, where it excels at ignoring the noise in the ground and still gets goodies including nice coinage on edge and deep as need be. It's not as deep as my other CZ's have been but still works great in the sites where I use it including a few carnie cleanups.

Tony, when searching any beach set the Disc knob on 1 so you don't have to hear all those iron nails. Listen for mid tones for jewelry, high tone for coins. Ground balance as described in the manual, if you don't GB you will get a lot of falsing on salt water beaches. With Volume set above 4 it will be in "volume boost" (deep items will sound louder). That is all you need to know to get started. Jabbo

On the beach, if there isn't too much iron trash, I run my CZ's in AutoTone. When I get a signal, I switch to disc. to check the target. In disc, I like to run my CZ's on disc. 0. It helps to interpret those fake high tones from deep iron.

On dry land or on wet beaches, if I am in disc. I always run it at disc. 0.

Just the way I like to hunt.

TheHawg

I here they have problems with water getting in ,and are replacing them with the cz21 pannel ,looked at the cz21 and excall11 today ,i like the excall 11 getting one this spring ,good luck with the cz20