Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

📸 Does anyone have a Picture of the D2 strap that you can fasten/unfasten the remote to the handle 📸

ManInTheWall

Does anyone have a picture of where you attack the little quick disconnect strap at, I know it goes from the remote to the handle, but I'm not sure exactly how you attack it.

I can't find any info in the manual about it

Does anyone have a picture of where you attack the little quick disconnect strap at, I know it goes from the remote to the handle, but I'm not sure exactly how you attack it.

there was a youtube video on this maybe try searching on you tube don't remember who did it though I think you have to remove the stem put the loop of the strap on the stem and replace back on the shaft hope this helps

I drilled a hole in the fitting at the top of the shaft at a 45 degree angle to attach mine so I don't have
to deal with putting it over the shaft every time.

IMG_8727.jpg

i used a wire tie in the same place

I did a similar thing, but I tied a piece of Paracord around the shaft and ran that through the lanyard that XP provides. I liked the idea of a neat hole in the mount, but I lacked confidence in my ability to make it look as good as the one posted above. Foiled, you do good work! Your plugs must be the stuff that dreams are made of! 👍👍👍

--Matt

Here is what I did. I took the two screws out, pulled the "mount" out. I then put one end of the looped cord where that screw goes in, and re-insterted the mount, the screw kept the cord from pulling out.

On the other end, I had to use a needle to fish the cord through the remote.

Thanks for the ideas!
IMG_0167.jpg

I replaced the string on one end of the quick connector with thin elastic cord and tied it around the shaft end and the other side is sewn to the remote cover -not the remote itself.

😅...I am very experinced at knocking mine off in every conceivable manner. Guess I better get with it and tie one on and get a spare cover....😅.

One time my ORX fell off putting it in the front seat. Good thing I noticed. After seaching all over I found it laying behind the truck front tire waiting for me to back up.😬.
These things must have a death wish?

Sort of related… I seem to have trouble getting the remote to snap on firmly, more so than with my Deus 1. You have to line it up just right or it won’t attach correct and could easily fall off.

If we lose the remote within the warranty period, will they replace it?

That was easy! I've never had a problem with mine popping off.
mark

Well, my original set up did not last long, the string that came with it broke. Partially because it's so short, I ended up pulling on it a lot.

So, now I'm using para-cord on the one end, inserting it into the shaft (looping it) after taking the plastic insert / holder for the remote out. I then re-inserted the remote mount.

The longer cord is much more convenient than the one that came with it!

IMG_E61878270AF6-1.jpeg

I was thinking about drilling a small hole through the head of the shaft, at one corner like I've seen, and then slightly countersink it a little so the line doesn't wear as bad. That seems better than having it slip up and down on the shaft, plus it prevents the shaft from seating completely if fully extended. Not a big deal, but a small hole would get it out of the way.