Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

0 Notch on F75 LTD?

Tennrebel

I have seen when people have posted that they were using 0 notch. Mine starts off at one. I don't want to sound dumb here but is there not a way to turn off the notch?

Good question Tennrebel.There is no such thing as a dumb question!! I have often wondered the same thing,and I dont beleive you can zero notch because notch 1 is factory default and the notch range begans with iron 1-7,8-15.I may be wrong,hopefully someone with more experiance will chime in.(jimtn.or B.J.??)

When there is actually no notching set, the display will show a "1" but no slashes will be present in any of the target category names. One of the important things to remember is to visually confirm the notching status after the adjustment mode times out (7 to 8 seconds). Only then can you be sure if you have any unwanted notches dialed in. The big one for stability is the lower half of iron which is the slash that goes through the "Ir" of iron and keep in mind notching and discrimination counteract each other. In other words, if you have the lower half of iron notched out and then you dial in some disc to take out all of iron and foil, the net result will be the upper half of iron and foil will be eliminated BUT the lower half of iron will now be accepted which will cause the higher level of chatter. There have been many cases where the operator experienced undesirable levels of chatter or seemingly instability and the reason was they inadvertantly or unknowingly had the lower half of iron accepted.

Brad nailed it well. I personally never use notch, but that is just my preference. If you are un-sure if you may have some part of notch engaged, do a factory re-set and this will insure no notch is in effect. When this is done, the "1" is 0 notch. HH jim tn

Whenever you go through the settings and do anything with the disc level always take a look the numbers up top when you get through and make sure there is no slash mark visible on any number. I have accidentally notched low iron more than once without meaning to.

No slashes/no notches.

J