Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

03-31-2012

dave5710

Since today's weather sounds like it will be ultra perfect for a walk, let's see how many silvers we can pull out of the ground today. Sound off with the number you find, before you go to bed tonight. You don't have to say what, or how old, because some people want to keep that a secret for the meeting, but let's see if we can set a goal to shoot for, for next Saturday's club hunt.

Cool idea Dave! :thumbup:

I got nothing, I jinxed myself. But I did pull a little do-dad from about 10" deep. I will ask the wise and all knowing pros, if they can give me a time frame that this is from. It weighs just under 4 ounces, and is very pitted on the back.

Dude, I'll give you a dollar for your nothing thing there. :rofl:

If that is real, and it could be, it is worth about $200 or more. A Civil War Union belt buckle.

http://www.corinthcivilwarrelics.com/forsalebuckles.html

http://relicman.com/plates/AAPlateSalesPage1.htm

Jeff already offered me $5.

Thank you for the links.

It is just about a dead ringer for the 4th one pictured on the first link. So the hooks are attached to the face with lead, is that correct? Then it is the lead that is starting to flake off that makes it look pitted.

It looks real to me. And I was 30 yards from him when he dug it!!

OMG!!! :surprised: What a score. Now you are in the elite company with Larry. :cheers: I'm jealous. :bouncy: