Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1.08 Stability Setting

hodr

So I have watched most of the 1.80/1.08 videos on youtube and listened to Dilek's video and about the only thing I can tell is that the setting is only active when you choose an IF of other than the stock 8, and that it's meant to "fine tune" the IF settings.

So how does this work? Whats the default, what does the adjustment DO?

If I had to guess, where a lower Iron Filter/Iron Bias setting allows natural "falsing" to occur and a higher setting biases it towards iron and allows it to be filetered out, would the stability setting determine the allowed size of the signal? Meaning maybe a 1 setting lets 100% of the allowed IF frequencies to respond and as the numbers progress higher it removes progressively stronger signals, knocking out smaller false signals (and possibly small true signals) but keeping large false signals and larger true signals?

I’m looking forward to playing around with all of it.