Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1.09 vs 1.11

Right now I’m liking the BC addition. Other than that the other changes are mainly cosmetic or convenience related and some I have not experimented with yet.

I'm back on version 1.09, ran on 1.11 on my legend too restless and hardly any depth.
And what was really shit was the sound. I thought my speaker was broken.
Only distorted no matter whether deep, medium or high sound. At 1.09 crystal clear sound.

I bet your Vi.11 install went a little sideways. There have been a few reports of this sort of behavior. If you like, try reinstalling it & then do a Factory Default reset. I think you will see an improvement if it will update correctly.

I'm back on version 1.09, ran on 1.11 on my legend too restless and hardly any depth.
And what was really shit was the sound. I thought my speaker was broken.
Only distorted no matter whether deep, medium or high sound. At 1.09 crystal clear sound.
Here is the thing my initial install of the 1.11 went sideways at some point, the tones sounded awful, my first legend seemed to lose depth and a whole plethora of other issues, this was the first Legend I got it had 1.04 version in it, what I did was to do a factory reset which I did several times but the last factory default reset I performed I did a re install of 1.11 and yet another factory default reset and turned around and did a third re install of the 1.11 and another factory reset after the third install of the 1.11 doing this seemed to change everything for the good in my Legend that came with 1.04 my depth returned, audio tones were back to sounding great and the stability of my first legend was now better than ever

my second Legend which I purchased to teach my wife how to detect came with 1.05 but I had the dealer to update to 1.07 and I performed all the rest of the updates myself I have never had any issues with my Legend that came with 1.05 at all

I am not sure what it is but sometimes the updates do not want to set in properly and it takes a few re installs and factory default resets before some of the Legends want to work properly after a newly installed update

I do have one question for you though when you installed the 1.11 in your Legend did you perform a factory default reset like the instructions state to do ???, if you did not my suggestion is to re install 1.11 and perform a factory default reset rite after the re install of 1.11, this is the instructions straight from the Nokta website, and most legend or a lot of the Legend users seems to think they know better than the people that actually produced the Legend, and then want to call the Legend crap, I myself do not find it to be crap but there are some frustrating things that occur when you do a install of a new firmware update.

I am finding the 1.11 to be the best update that Nokta has released to us and have no intentions of going back to a earlier version, I have done enough testing between versions to state what I am stating without hesitation, there are some of the newly added features that I do not use but have tested those features to know that they do work, but also know that the more filtering you add can literally cost you good targets so I leave the BC, and GS off or set to Zero, the features I do use are the AG in all modes, especially the Gold Mode, the IF and ST I also use

just because all those features were added does not mean you have to use them at all, but it is nice that they were added if you need them

I have seen lots of folks struggling with the install of the v1.11 firmware. On a Windows PC (or laptop) there is only one way to upgrade:
- Go to the Nokta Website
- Choose the Legend and scroll down until you see Software Update on the right-hand side of the screen, select Software Update
- In the center of the page you will see Download: The Legend Update Tool (Windows) - (if you have a Mac, simply select the macOS download and follow the prompts -> the following instructions do not pertain)
- You Windows PC will then down load the following: the-legend-update.zip (a zip file is bundle of files compressed into one single file for speedier downloads)
- Click on the download zip file at the bottom of the screen, usually bottom left hand side of the screen
- In you Windows File manager screen you will see a button or command that says Extract all - select that Extract all button
- Next, you will be prompted by a Window that asks "Select a Destination and Extract Files) -> you may change this location, or you can accept the default destination/folder. Recommended: use the default folder
- At the bottom right of that Window, select, Extract
- Windows will extract and create a new folder, files and sub-folders
- You will now see a folder called: "the-legend-tool-v1-8-win"
- Double-click on that folder
- Next you will see a sub-folder called "CP210x_Windows Drivers" and an application file called "The_Legend_Update_Tool"
- Double-click on the CP210x_Windows Drivers folder
- In that folder you will see a couple sub-folders and several files - (don't worry, it is an easy setup from here)
- Most PCs are on Windows 10 or above, next, double-click on the file, "CP210xVCinstaller_x64" -> this will install the required drivers necessary for the Nakta update software to talk to your Legend
- Next you will be prompted with a new Window asking if you want to install the "Driver Package Installer"
- Next, select Yes
- You will then be prompted by a series of install windows for installing the driver package - follow the prompts
- Next you will navigate back one folder lever to the folder: the-legend-tool-v1-8-win - (this is easily done by simply clicking one time on the <- arrow next to the This PC navigation line)
- Now you are ready for the install: Double-Click on the The_Legend_Update_Tool application
- From this point you MUST follow the prompts to install the v1.11 firmware - DO NOT deviate from the prompts
- After the upgrade, be sure to perform a factory reset of your Legend. (The instructions and videos for the factory reset are located in these forum posts.)

The steps look long - but it only takes about 6 minutes to upgrade your Legend!

I can't get the 1.11 to work,I can't adjust the tone breaks. It won't let me scroll to the right,i.e to #2 tone break and so on. Can I reinstall the 1.09 and if so how?
Thanks Wayne

I have seen lots of folks struggling with the install of the v1.11 firmware. On a Windows PC (or laptop) there is only one way to upgrade:
- Go to the Nokta Website
- Choose the Legend and scroll down until you see Software Update on the right-hand side of the screen, select Software Update
- In the center of the page you will see Download: The Legend Update Tool (Windows) - (if you have a Mac, simply select the macOS download and follow the prompts -> the following instructions do not pertain)
- You Windows PC will then down load the following: the-legend-update.zip (a zip file is bundle of files compressed into one single file for speedier downloads)
- Click on the download zip file at the bottom of the screen, usually bottom left hand side of the screen
- In you Windows File manager screen you will see a button or command that says Extract all - select that Extract all button
- Next, you will be prompted by a Window that asks "Select a Destination and Extract Files) -> you may change this location, or you can accept the default destination/folder. Recommended: use the default folder
- At the bottom right of that Window, select, Extract
- Windows will extract and create a new folder, files and sub-folders
- You will now see a folder called: "the-legend-tool-v1-8-win"
- Double-click on that folder
- Next you will see a sub-folder called "CP210x_Windows Drivers" and an application file called "The_Legend_Update_Tool"
- Double-click on the CP210x_Windows Drivers folder
- In that folder you will see a couple sub-folders and several files - (don't worry, it is an easy setup from here)
- Most PCs are on Windows 10 or above, next, double-click on the file, "CP210xVCinstaller_x64" -> this will install the required drivers necessary for the Nakta update software to talk to your Legend
- Next you will be prompted with a new Window asking if you want to install the "Driver Package Installer"
- Next, select Yes
- You will then be prompted by a series of install windows for installing the driver package - follow the prompts
- Next you will navigate back one folder lever to the folder: the-legend-tool-v1-8-win - (this is easily done by simply clicking one time on the <- arrow next to the This PC navigation line)
- Now you are ready for the install: Double-Click on the The_Legend_Update_Tool application
- From this point you MUST follow the prompts to install the v1.11 firmware - DO NOT deviate from the prompts
- After the upgrade, be sure to perform a factory reset of your Legend. (The instructions and videos for the factory reset are located in these forum posts.)

The steps look long - but it only takes about 6 minutes to upgrade your Legend!
the only other thing that I did was to delete any previous nokta drivers and updates prior to doing my last 1.11 update attempt, also before going to the Nokta site I turned off my firewalls and restarted my computer then went to the Nokta site and did exactly what is described above, this seems to have solved my prior issues that I was having with the 1.11 update
don't forget to turn your firewalls back on and make sure you do the factory reset

Imo opinion the majority is more for extra features vs raw performance.
If you don’t use BC rejection, tone breaks. Iron filter, etc then v1.07 is even fine
The new updates were mainly for added features with minor tweaks on everything else. Nothing that will make basic use finds increase 100% or even 20% for that matter.
Most of everything added is to increase what not to dig