Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1.1 update using a mac

Listener

Has anyone had success? I tried it and the remote updated fine after installing Chrome, but cannot get the ws6 or wsa2 to Connect to the updater. It backs out and deselects to the Deus II button.
It is my only resource at the moment. Are there any stipulations on the OS. Not an Apple person myself and do not have internet at home so need some advice. I would like to finish since the headphones won’t pair now. Why didn’t the update work like the old D1 and at least after the remote update let u plug in the wsa2 and finish. Really chaps my hide to only be able to do a half ass update.

I used my mac using Chrome to update the remote and WS6 with no problem.

Good, I don’t get it that I signed on the website updated the remote. Selected WS6 and used it’s single cord and went to update and plugged in and it wouldn’t start updating from the web site but changed screen to the connect screen and then back to the screen to select the device.
Maybe the Apple is needs updated, I don’t know it isn’t my computer. Sent a message to XP for help. They replied back to watch Gary’s video and too use the single cord. Did. Did that and Moe was on the phone guiding me through the steps. Big help from XP-NOT!

Good, I don’t get it that I signed on the website updated the remote. Selected WS6 and used it’s single cord and went to update and plugged in and it wouldn’t start updating from the web site but changed screen to the connect screen and then back to the screen to select the device.
Maybe the Apple is needs updated, I don’t know it isn’t my computer. Sent a message to XP for help. They replied back to watch Gary’s video and too use the single cord. Did. Did that and Moe was on the phone guiding me through the steps. Big help from XP-NOT!
I used a Mac with chrome on this last update. I have to say i was stuck on a screen when i went to plug the devices in wouldn’t do anything.
After several tries it worked. I can’t remember the specifics but i did post a thread about it and if I remember correctly it was something simple that i was not doing. XP imo is not great with clarifying some things in directions for example how the 1.1 update is listed.
Others have been confused as well because you have to start the update process which shows V1.0 then further down the line it will give you the option of versions. A better way imo would be to list all the updates available under “updates” and then just choose/click the one you want if you so choose to update.

It will work with your setup its not any glitch or other updating required, sounds like you just have to figure out the correct sequence and are stuck where i was. You can try to go back and look for my post I believe I described exactly what it was that i was doing wrong and what i did to correct it along with screenshots
Hope this helps

I used my Mac running macOS Catalina 10.15.7 and the Brave browser. Had no issues with the remote or WS6 but it took multiple tries to finally get my WSAII XL phones to connect. Used an after market single USB cable for the WS6 and WSAII XL that I know provides proper power and connectivity.

Going to take everything to a computer shop to see if they will do the updates for me. May have to pay but I only have the one resourse and not going to ask him to jump through hoops and change his system around any more to do my update. If CP doesn’t want to make an update downloadable these fiascos are going to happen. Wasted enough time, want to get back out there, the goodies are waiting!! Thanks for the suggestions.

Success, it was that little window after you connect the usb cord, it said XP DeusII and at the bottom option to cancel or connect. I did not click on the DeusII box so when I clicked on connect it did nothing. This time I clicked on the DeusII box and then connect and it updated.
Why does it say DeusII when u are updating the WS6 just one more thing to throw u off I guess. LOL

Success, it was that little window after you connect the usb cord, it said XP DeusII and at the bottom option to cancel or connect. I did not click on the DeusII box so when I clicked on connect it did nothing. This time I clicked on the DeusII box and then connect and it updated.
Why does it say DeusII when u are updating the WS6 just one more thing to throw u off I guess. LOL
Thats what had me hung up now that you mentioned it.
I wish they would have their directions listed differently. From what I remembered watching the steps didn’t say anything about it and you just naturally wanted to click connect. I believe it was someone on here that pointed out to click on the Deus 2 box.
As i said it was something simple lol

Last edited: