Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

'1/10 24kt Lind HGF'

mudpuppy

Well, getting closer...got this ring this morning marked as listed in the topic...a '24k Heavy Gold Filled'...the 1/10 means the weight of 24k used is 1/10th the overall weight of the ring...minus the stone of course...
@$5 worth of gold maybe, ....The Gold Filled process is different than electroplating...they take a sheet of gold and bond it to the base metal under high pressure....so I learned something...

I hit this little park and just started working around the shade trees with the F70, I was warming up on these pennys then hit an unusual 52 TID..Delta Pitch alerted on this seldom heard tone, so I glanced at the screen to see the TID....from 2" deep out came this ring...Just then, a couple school busses showed up loaded with screaming kids, so I left...maybe 10 minutes hunt if that...this is the third ring I've gotten out of this trashy place, one nice silver, one junker, and this medium junker...plenty of trees left, and pennys and pulltabs.

Still no real gold for me yet this year.:sadwalk:..I was hunting deep water in the Big Lake for hours yesterday and got so hypothermic my kidneys hurt.....Its been like this for days, foggy and coolish, those big Paddletrak feet prints belong to me, notice how wide they get from miles of sand?.....I needed a peaceful easy park today...
Mud

i know how you feel its been a long time since ive gotten any real gold, now you got me going im headed to a schoolyard to find one lol hh

Yeah! EZ!,

I went back out after dinner for an hour and had an adventure...got a strange zinc signal that was 2 dimes and a nickel stack.:thumbup:..then I found this painted turtle laying eggs right in the soccer goal...so I'll go back tomorrow and move them someplace safer than that...I saw a family of baby woodchucks out grazing, cute as a button!, found this length of wire that would make some decent snares for them If a guy wanted something to eat, or some hand puppets....woodchucks are super easy to snare and really good to eat too...
Big festival in town tonight, wing cookoff and drinking and dancing, so I'll be right in there early....
Mud.

Your getting closer mud lol. Abought had it myself with all this rain. Scratched a 1909 injun yesterday but my phone screen was so wet i couldnt get a decent pic!!......hh rick in mi...

I was out after work a couple of times this week in between the rain.
You have some nice scenic spots to hang out!

Nice find. That is a nice place to hunt. You and the sights and sounds of the Universe. Awesome!! ......Z

So I go back for the eggs...since they were laid right in the soccer end zone, and the field is fixing to go under construction, they had no chance...

Wilderness Survival note: they are really good to eat, especially fresh out the chute like these were...I got enough for a nice omelet!

I orient them to the compass, and place them in a container exactly like they come out of the nest, top side up...in about 75 days I'll have a crop of little painters....I guess I've been doing this for going on 50 yrs...I dont know why...I like turtles, and generally wont bother them unless they are in trouble...In my youth I used to bother them a lot, (snappers/softshells) used to catch them and butcher them and sell the meat...so I figure I owe them one.

These Northern turtle babies mostly stay down in the dirt after they hatch in Sept. and dig themselves out in the Spring, ...depends on the temps...anyway...you can go google if you want to learn more about Painted turtles or eggs...set your calendar for mid to late Sept...and get some cigars, I'm gonna be a Father!:lmfao:
Mud

Are you one of the Ninja turtles? .....Z