Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1.10 update

oldkoot

Got the 1.10 update loaded on one of my Legends, and boy was it a feat again only this time it was a pain in the Butt to just get it to download on my PC I ended up having to use windows Edge which I do not mess with much at all, could not get it to work with Fire Fox at all, once I switched to downloading with windows Edge it was a snap and the install on the Legend was a breeze was finished in a matter of seconds

wanted to do some comparison test out in my yard where I have some targets buried just for this purpose, since my main detecting is for gold nuggets I have an area with test bits of bird shot which anyone that detects for gold knows these small BB's make great test nuggets for gold hunters, my interest was what would the Newly added AG (Audio Gain) setting in gold mode do, some of the bits of BB's i have buried on the fringe depth of detection, and with the 1.09 version some are out of hearing range, with the newly added AG settings in Gold mode this is not the case any longer with the AG in gold mode set to 3 those little bits were there but still a little faint switched the AG to 4 and boom they were now very audible and could be heard plain as day, so far the short test I did with the new 1.10 I am liking very very much, if the rest of the added features are anything like the Gold Mode AG settings I am going to really like this new update, the other thing I have noticed is the TIDs seem to be a lot more stable and the tones which were already good seem even more pleasant and solid sounding, I ended my testing there, and will be giving the other new features a go in a few days and again since I have one legend with the new update and one with the 1.09 I will be comparing the new version to the 1.09 version with both the 11 and 6 inch coils, one other thing I am hoping was improved on in the 1.10 is the ground balance and the threshold through the wireless headphones, as well as the newly added bottle cap reject.

Got the 1.10 update loaded on one of my Legends, and boy was it a feat again only this time it was a pain in the Butt to just get it to download on my PC I ended up having to use windows Edge which I do not mess with much at all, could not get it to work with Fire Fox at all, once I switched to downloading with windows Edge it was a snap and the install on the Legend was a breeze was finished in a matter of seconds

wanted to do some comparison test out in my yard where I have some targets buried just for this purpose, since my main detecting is for gold nuggets I have an area with test bits of bird shot which anyone that detects for gold knows these small BB's make great test nuggets for gold hunters, my interest was what would the Newly added AG (Audio Gain) setting in gold mode do, some of the bits of BB's i have buried on the fringe depth of detection, and with the 1.09 version some are out of hearing range, with the newly added AG settings in Gold mode this is not the case any longer with the AG in gold mode set to 3 those little bits were there but still a little faint switched the AG to 4 and boom they were now very audible and could be heard plain as day, so far the short test I did with the new 1.10 I am liking very very much, if the rest of the added features are anything like the Gold Mode AG settings I am going to really like this new update, the other thing I have noticed is the TIDs seem to be a lot more stable and the tones which were already good seem even more pleasant and solid sounding, I ended my testing there, and will be giving the other new features a go in a few days and again since I have one legend with the new update and one with the 1.09 I will be comparing the new version to the 1.09 version with both the 11 and 6 inch coils, one other thing I am hoping was improved on in the 1.10 is the ground balance and the threshold through the wireless headphones, as well as the newly added bottle cap reject.
Am really interested in hearing about your version update comparisons (1.09 & 1.10).

I loaded the 1.10 update on my legend, it loaded very easy and fast. I put it back to factory settings as they said and had to turn on my headphones again. I went to the beach [ocean] to try it out and worked very good. It was extremely stable and quiet, I set the bottle cap setting on 4 and seem to work well. I dig most signals and found two earrings, some coins and an iphone. This is a slow time of year and was happy with the finds. Happy so far with the update.

Thanks for posting Oldkoot.
Eggzakly what I've been waiting to hear.
How deep are those pellets ?
Are you using the little round coil ?
How has it performed for you on the gold before the update ? Hopefully hitting sub grammers.
If I may ask. Where do you detect for gold ?
What's your smallest and best finds with the Legend ?
Anxiously awaiting your tests ...

Thanks for posting Oldkoot.
Eggzakly what I've been waiting to hear.
How deep are those pellets ?
Are you using the little round coil ?
How has it performed for you on the gold before the update ? Hopefully hitting sub grammers.
If I may ask. Where do you detect for gold ?
What's your smallest and best finds with the Legend ?
Anxiously awaiting your tests ...
I have them at various depths a few are out of the depth range of a VLF and others are at depths all over the place, I never really set them at certain depths, i just dug a hole and planted them at various depths and placed a plastic marker so I could remember where they were located they have been in the ground for several months and previously my legend would only give a slight tick on some but never a good solid tone, and not enough of an indication that would stop me and make me dig, now with the new update 1.10 they are giving a tone that you know could be a piece of gold, all be it a vary small piece of gold, no way am I actually going to bury a real bit of gold LOL they are just to hard to find to take a chance loosing one LOL

I did test it with both the 6 inch and 11 inch, the 6 is a vary hot little coil for small sub gram gold, and I think with the new 1.10 it is even hotter, I am on a dealers list to get the 9.5x6 inch coil at some point they will arrive but who knows when is any ones guess my get the LG 30 also but not sure on that yet

I will tell you rite now the Garrett 24K is my favorite VLF for gold detection, rite now and the Axiom which I just received with in the last couple of weeks, is working great for me rite now, as for the Legend because of the Ground balance issue I have complained about that has not changed the GB is still not correct, the GB and Threshold are two things I was hoping would have been addressed with the new update but sadly they were not, so I just do not use the legend that much for gold detection, the 24K I am loving for Gold the Legend I like a lot for coin detecting and the new BC (Bottle Cap Rejection) is working great so far, I do need to play with the legend on gold and on my ground a little more because in the new update 1.10 Nokta added a new GS (Ground Suppressor) that I am trying to get clarification on, as best I can figure so far that GS is for heavily mineralized ground and elliminates a lot of ground noise on highly mineralized ground again I need to get some clarification on that GS settings

Last edited:
I have them at various depths a few are out of the depth range of a VLF and others are at depths all over the place, I never really set them at certain depths, i just dug a hole and planted them at various depths and placed a plastic marker so I could remember where they were located they have been in the ground for several months and previously my legend would only give a slight tick on some but never a good solid tone, and not enough of an indication that would stop me and make me dig, now with the new update 1.10 they are giving a tone that you know could be a piece of gold, all be it a vary small piece of gold, no way am I actually going to bury a real bit of gold LOL they are just to hard to find to take a chance loosing one LOL

I did test it with both the 6 inch and 11 inch, the 6 is a vary hot little coil for small sub gram gold, and I think with the new 1.10 it is even hotter, I am on a dealers list to get the 9.5x6 inch coil at some point they will arrive but who knows when is any ones guess my get the LG 30 also but not sure on that yet

I will tell you rite now the Garrett 24K is my favorite VLF for gold detection, rite now and the Axiom which I just received with in the last couple of weeks, is working great for me rite now, as for the Legend because of the Ground balance issue I have complained about that has not changed the GB is still not correct, the GB and Threshold are two things I was hoping would have been addressed with the new update but sadly they were not, so I just do not use the legend that much for gold detection, the 24K I am loving for Gold the Legend I like a lot for coin detecting and the new BC (Bottle Cap Rejection) is working great so far, I do need to play with the legend on gold and on my ground a little more because in the new update 1.10 Nokta added a new GS (Ground Suppressor) that I am trying to get clarification on, as best I can figure so far that GS is for heavily mineralized ground and elliminates a lot of ground noise on highly mineralized ground again I need to get some clarification on that GS settings
Thanks for the reply Ollkoot.
May I ask what part of the country your looking for gold in ?
I'm looking for a machine that will find the small gold left from many years of prospectors getting the easy gold.
Mostly SW red iron ground.
And Alaska's very hot volcanic ground's.
And mixed grounds. Gives tracking a work out.
A top PI will be a must.
Sadly the Legend with GB issues knocks it out as a vlf machine in moderate ground.
900 looking very good so far.
The MXT and GMT did well Inna few areas.
The 24k and Manticore still have my interest.
Hopefully I can figure it out before my trip up to little brothers properties in Alaska this summer.

Thanks for the reply Ollkoot.
May I ask what part of the country your looking for gold in ?
I'm looking for a machine that will find the small gold left from many years of prospectors getting the easy gold.
Mostly SW red iron ground.
And Alaska's very hot volcanic ground's.
And mixed grounds. Gives tracking a work out.
A top PI will be a must.
Sadly the Legend with GB issues knocks it out as a vlf machine in moderate ground.
900 looking very good so far.
The MXT and GMT did well Inna few areas.
The 24k and Manticore still have my interest.
Hopefully I can figure it out before my trip up to little brothers properties in Alaska this summer.
I am in the South Eastern part of Arizona, I am waiting for the Manticore to be delivered,and was considering the Nox 900 but the 900 is still in the thinking process for me, I just do not know if I can justify a 4th detector purchase when I have detectors that work really good for what I detect

I have purchased the 24K, Axiom,and Manticore in the last 2 months so I just do not know about the 900 and another $1100 to boot, all be it I sold a few things to off set the cost of the purchase of the Axiom, and sold my GM1000 to off set the cost of the 24K, the manticore is the only detector I purchased that I had to pull money from the bank to purchase, all though I had to sell one of my seven banjos to purchase the Axiom, I have to many instruments any way

I also purchased one of those Gold Fox Mini Monsters also, which I love by the way

the 24K i am liking a lot for my gold detection it is probably the smoothest running VLF I have for gold detection where other VLF s struggle the 24K has excelled for me, the Axiom I am still learning because it is so new to me, The 24K and Axiom are a great 1-2 punch for the detection of gold, the Manticore I purchased for one reason the expanded TID range and not even sure I will even like it when I receive it LOL but I should be able to sell it if I do not like it, the Legend is starting to get better on my ground with the new 1.10 added features, and others have said they have had no issues on hot ground with their Legend, the Legends threshold is not a true threshold in any of the modes except gold mode it is a true threshold in gold mode and honestly it took me a bit to understand what a reference threshold is which is what the threshold is on the Legend in park,field and beach modes the gold mode is a true threshold.

Last edited:
Ok,
Pretty soon I will be able to post a link to a video that my detecting partner made in North Georgia at the base of a mountain where years ago an Asian group excavated for larger pieces of gold….He belongs to a prospecting club, and has brought his xp orx into play….He runs the high hz white coil that goes up to 70 something khz…..His video will show him hitting and locating a .3 gm piece of gold 10 minutes after starting his search…One of the guys in his club was taping him as luck would have it…He LOVES his ORX…

I am in the South Eastern part of Arizona, I am waiting for the Manticore to be delivered,and was considering the Nox 900 but the 900 is still in the thinking process for me, I just do not know if I can justify a 4th detector purchase when I have detectors that work really good for what I detect

I have purchased the 24K, Axiom,and Manticore in the last 2 months so I just do not know about the 900 and another $1100 to boot, all be it I sold a few things to off set the cost of the purchase of the Axiom, and sold my GM1000 to off set the cost of the 24K, the manticore is the only detector I purchased that I had to pull money from the bank to purchase, all though I had to sell one of my seven banjos to purchase the Axiom, I have to many instruments any way

I also purchased one of those Gold Fox Mini Monsters also, which I love by the way

the 24K i am liking a lot for my gold detection it is probably the smoothest running VLF I have for gold detection where other VLF s struggle the 24K has excelled for me, the Axiom I am still learning because it is so new to me, The 24K and Axiom are a great 1-2 punch for the detection of gold, the Manticore I purchased for one reason the expanded TID range and not even sure I will even like it when I receive it LOL but I should be able to sell it if I do not like it, the Legend is starting to get better on my ground with the new 1.10 added features, and others have said they have had no issues on hot ground with their Legend, the Legends threshold is not a true threshold in any of the modes except gold mode it is a true threshold in gold mode and honestly it took me a bit to understand what a reference threshold is which is what the threshold is on the Legend in park,field and beach modes the gold mode is a true threshold.
I would be happy to read all you've learned on the 24K and the Axiom. I'm still looking at the monster 1000 for my vlf gold machine. Still undecided.
The 6000 is also of great interest.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Finally retired. Looking forward to digging a bit of gold.

I would be happy to read all you've learned on the 24K and the Axiom. I'm still looking at the monster 1000 for my vlf gold machine. Still undecided.
The 6000 is also of great interest.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Finally retired. Looking forward to digging a bit of gold.
I am liking the 24K a lot between the 24K and the GM1000 I will take the 24k all day long it runs much much smoother than the GM1000 nugget size they are vary similar but the adjustments you can make on the 24K is what has sold me on the 24K, the fact you can set it down and it not fall over is another big plus for me the fact you do not have to stay on the GB every move you make with the 24K is great, this last one is why I did not care for on the GM1000, the 24K in my opinion is just a way more versatile gold detector then the GM1000,
both the GM1000 and 24K are both vary vary hot VLF gold detectors GM1000- 45 KHz, 24K 48 KHz
do not take anything I say as downing the GM1000 as I am not its just there were things that I did not like it is a vary capable VLF gold detector, the 24k is just way more versatile in my opinion

I am liking the 24K a lot between the 24K and the GM1000 I will take the 24k all day long it runs much much smoother than the GM1000 nugget size they are vary similar but the adjustments you can make on the 24K is what has sold me on the 24K, the fact you can set it down and it not fall over is another big plus for me the fact you do not have to stay on the GB every move you make with the 24K is great, this last one is why I did not care for on the GM1000, the 24K in my opinion is just a way more versatile gold detector then the GM1000,
both the GM1000 and 24K are both vary vary hot VLF gold detectors GM1000- 45 KHz, 24K 48 KHz
do not take anything I say as downing the GM1000 as I am not its just there were things that I did not like it is a vary capable VLF gold detector, the 24k is just way more versatile in my opinion
Water proof is a bigger selling point to me.

Water proof is a bigger selling point to me.
well that one I am afraid you are SOL because neither the GM1000 or 24K are water proof they are both rain proof but that is it

coils are water proof just do not fall in or drop either LOL yeah that helps I would be the first to fall in and drown one of them LOL if I detected in water or around water

should I say it (LEGEND) LOL

well that one I am afraid you are SOL because neither the GM1000 or 24K are water proof they are both rain proof but that is it

coils are water proof just do not fall in or drop either LOL yeah that helps I would be the first to fall in and drown one of them LOL if I detected in water or around water

should I say it (LEGEND) LOL
I doubt the Legend will do as good as the 1000 or 24k on little pickers. Unless they finally do the software upgrade to the prospecting mode.
I don't think their getting enough feedback on that mode to do the update. Yet.

I doubt the Legend will do as good as the 1000 or 24k on little pickers. Unless they finally do the software upgrade to the prospecting mode.
believe it or not the Legend is actually not bad at small pickers just not as sensitive as the 24K or GM1000 it is kind of like the NOX 800 beleive it or not there are a couple of videos of people using the Legend to detect for small gold.

what is the issue in gold mode you are referring to, I have not heard anyone say anything about an issue in gold mode

my refferences to the threshold were in the other modes park,field, and beach, the gold mode threshold has always worked pretty good the other three modes not so much but i was not understanding the differences between the threshold in gold mode and the threshold in the other three modes the Gold mode uses a true threshold and the other three modes use a reference threshold, which I was not understanding they work completely different

what is the issue in gold mode you are referring to, I have not heard anyone say anything about an issue in gold mode

my refferences to the threshold were in the other modes park,field, and beach, the gold mode threshold has always worked pretty good the other three modes not so much but i was not understanding the differences between the threshold in gold mode and the threshold in the other three modes the Gold mode uses a true threshold and the other three modes use a reference threshold, which I was not understanding they work completely different
Legend on hot rocks and hot ground.

Legend on hot rocks and hot ground.
well the new update that is soon to be released I think may fix that, in my testing of the Beta test version 1.10 my Legend that I installed it on is running much much better, and the GB seems to be much much more stable the 1.10 test version will soon be changed to 1.11 and if nokta does not change a lot of things in the 1.10 before release i honestly believe we are going to see a lot of reviews for the good, this is my opinion thouhg so take it for what it is worth, just trying to say I am seeing good things in the 1.10 which like I said will change to 1.11 when released to us but we shall see

well the new update that is soon to be released I think may fix that, in my testing of the Beta test version 1.10 my Legend that I installed it on is running much much better, and the GB seems to be much much more stable the 1.10 test version will soon be changed to 1.11 and if nokta does not change a lot of things in the 1.10 before release i honestly believe we are going to see a lot of reviews for the good, this is my opinion thouhg so take it for what it is worth, just trying to say I am seeing good things in the 1.10 which like I said will change to 1.11 when released to us but we shall see
Thanks OllCoot.

Welp I finally broke down waiting on the Manticore.
I picked up the Legend.
Came with 1.05
Think I'll wait until 1.11 comes.
Now if I can figure out these buttons
Wish they lit up. Hard for me to see.
Any tips Oldkoot are throughly welcome.

We took a paint pen and highlighted the buttons works great and only $2

Attachments

• 085030D6-BD43-49DE-8B32-21546F8DD583.jpeg
    085030D6-BD43-49DE-8B32-21546F8DD583.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 65