Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1.10 update

Welp I finally broke down waiting on the Manticore.
I picked up the Legend.
Came with 1.05
Think I'll wait until 1.11 comes.
Now if I can figure out these buttons
Wish they lit up. Hard for me to see.
Any tips Oldkoot are throughly welcome.
Hope this helps
Oil or latex based paint pens
Hobby stores have them $2

Attachments

• 687FE0C0-10BB-41D3-8DE9-C44A7C67AAA2.jpeg
    687FE0C0-10BB-41D3-8DE9-C44A7C67AAA2.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 80
Welp I finally broke down waiting on the Manticore.
I picked up the Legend.
Came with 1.05
Think I'll wait until 1.11 comes.
Now if I can figure out these buttons
Wish they lit up. Hard for me to see.
Any tips Oldkoot are throughly welcome.
As DigDog said a extra fine tipped paint pen fixes not being able to see the buttons while learning their locations and functions one other thing I suggest Odanscoils is get a dust cover on immediately, purchase a dust cover now and have it waiting there when you receive your Legend because the screen on the Legend scratches vary vary easy, I recommend the Deano's cover, Nokta makes a Legend cover that has a sponge thing over the buttons with red highlighted buttons but it is garbage, it will not stay positioned over the buttons, so when you start hitting the buttons you never know which button you are hitting

here is the paint pens I purchased

here is the Deanos

here is the Nokta cover that I do not suggest it does look nice once it is on but that is it, it is not vary functional
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3545938126...JCUqB6EmN7EYaqVN0TDD|ampid:PL_CLK|clp:2047675

Thanks for this info as I dont have to look up different ones as the pens sound like what I am looking for, I am thinking on doing the controls then put a cover over it so the paint dont wear off. not sure if I want the complete cover or just the screen cover like the Z*** one if they make them for Legend.

Rick

As DigDog said a extra fine tipped paint pen fixes not being able to see the buttons while learning their locations and functions one other thing I suggest Odanscoils is get a dust cover on immediately, purchase a dust cover now and have it waiting there when you receive your Legend because the screen on the Legend scratches vary vary easy, I recommend the Deano's cover, Nokta makes a Legend cover that has a sponge thing over the buttons with red highlighted buttons but it is garbage, it will not stay positioned over the buttons, so when you start hitting the buttons you never know which button you are hitting

here is the Deanos

here is the Nokta cover that I do not suggest it does look nice once it is on but that is it, it is not vary functional
https://www.ebay.com/itm/3545938126...JCUqB6EmN7EYaqVN0TDD|ampid:PL_CLK|clp:2047675
Thanks OldKoot
Is there a screen protector ?
I've never really liked the whole covers
Just move around to much.
Surprised there isn't a lenz cover in the box.
Yes I have it already.

Mowerdog put out a video on using shrink wrap pvc bags to cover his detector. I tried it on my Legend and it works great so far. Had to trim the bag in order to fit around the speaker and coil connector but it works great. I used 7x11 bags for mine.

Nokta offers a Nano glass for the Legend. It has been out of stock so l got their cover with the red buttons. Mine fits well enough. I do intend to get the Nano when l can.

here is the Deanos

How long will this paint last on the buttons ?

Mowerdog put out a video on using shrink wrap pvc bags to cover his detector. I tried it on my Legend and it works great so far. Had to trim the bag in order to fit around the speaker and coil connector but it works great. I used 7x11 bags for mine.
Nokta offers a Nano glass for the Legend. It has been out of stock so l got their cover with the red buttons. Mine fits well enough. I do intend to get the Nano when l can.
If its just the screen you are concerned about there are alot of cell phone and tablet screen protectors you can apply just cut them to size
Thanks Guys.

Thanks OldKoot
Is there a screen protector ?
I've never really liked the whole covers
Just move around to much.
Surprised there isn't a lenz cover in the box.
Yes I have it already.

this company also make these for the Legend also but appear to be out of the ones for the Legend rite now

these are for the Legend also

I painted my Legend buttons two days after I received my Legend which was in the first group to be delivered to the U.S so at least a year ago and have had no issues with the paint coming off at all I did mine initially with white paint and did not care for the looks of it so I changed the color to Gold my wife I did in Orange paint again I have had no issues with the paint flaking off I put a Deanos dust cover on about two weeks later because the screen scratches vary vary easy

the dust cover in the photo is my Legend with the Gold painted buttons, and with the Deanos dust cover, the Deanos dust cover does not move around at all

Attachments

• special edition Legend 1.jpg
    special edition Legend 1.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 75
I also got the legend cover with the red buttons as well as the nano screen protectors but before the cover i had considered painting the buttons, my cover fits very well nice and tight we will see how long it lasts

Last edited:
I painted my Legend buttons two days after I received my Legend which was in the first group to be delivered to the U.S so at least a year ago and have had no issues with the paint coming off at all I did mine initially with white paint and did not care for the looks of it so I changed the color to Gold my wife I did in Orange paint again I have had no issues with the paint flaking off I put a Deanos dust cover on about two weeks later because the screen scratches vary vary easy

the dust cover in the photo is my Legend with the Gold painted buttons, and with the Deanos dust cover, the Deanos dust cover does not move around at all
Again Thank You.
Hopefully I can buy on eBay without PayPal.
I closed that years ago after losing money.

Again Thank You.
Hopefully I can buy on eBay without PayPal.
I closed that years ago after losing money.
yes sir I did the same thing lost over 8K using Pay Pal will never use it again I never recovered any of it except $100 so that was it and it took me almost a year to even get the $100 back

I also got the legend cover with the red buttons as well as the nano screen protectors but before the cover i had considered painting the buttons, my cover fits very well nice and tight we will see how long it lasts
My issue was not the looks of the Nokta Legend cover with the red buttons it was the fact it would not stay aligned where it was supposed to be, and I am not the only one that had that complaint about it I purchased two one for each of mine and my wife's legend and they were both the same so I pulled them off and put the Deanos back on, I initially started with the Sly Lynx dust covers for the Simplex Plus on mine and my wife's which worked great also, and then switched to the Deanos which I like a lot then when the Nokta covers came out I purchased two of them again they looked really nice but would not stay put on the legend so I removed them from both Mine and my wife's Legends, some one wants them I will let them have them for a couple dollars and shipping charges LOL would probably cost more in shipping than the couple dollars LOL

I used the oil based paint pen anticipating it was going to get wet but haven’t used mine much since. But have used it on other things and its held up well. Im sure the latex based will hold up fine if you don’t get it wet much.
I would carefully use a hair dryer or something to heat dry it some to “bake” it before using it and you should be good

yes sir I did the same thing lost over 8K using Pay Pal will never use it again I never recovered any of it except $100 so that was it and it took me almost a year to even get the $100 back
Yup.
How do you pay for anything on eBay ?
I haven't bought anything in yrs.
Geez I don't remember my password.

My issue was not the looks of the Nokta Legend cover with the red buttons it was the fact it would not stay aligned where it was supposed to be, and I am not the only one that had that complaint about it I purchased two one for each of mine and my wife's legend and they were both the same so I pulled them off and put the Deanos back on, I initially started with the Sly Lynx dust covers for the Simplex Plus on mine and my wife's which worked great also, and then switched to the Deanos which I like a lot then when the Nokta covers came out I purchased two of them again they looked really nice but would not stay put on the legend so I removed them from both Mine and my wife's Legends, some one wants them I will let them have them for a couple dollars and shipping charges LOL would probably cost more in shipping than the couple dollars LOL
Do you still use the Simplex ?
I'm thinking of giving mine to my grandson.