Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1.10 update

Hi Odan.... Well at the heart of it just as Captain Jack Sparrow said:

Wherever we want to go, we go. That’s what a ship is, you know. It’s not just a keel and hull and a deck and sails. That’s what a ship needs. But what a ship is… what the Black Pearl really is… is freedom.

Kids in college, wife of 25 yrs and I amicable went our ways I sold everything, caught a plane to the coast, hired a professional boat builder and we both went at building tough west coast welded, steel steel sail boat, fully insulated, suited to any ocean. Two years later. No car, no mortgage, became a sailing minimalist, rifle, fishing gear, pressure canner. Cost of lifestyle went from monthly thousands to a few hundred. 17 years later still sailing, providing for myself. Regret? I did not do it far sooner but once marriage, kids, etc... must finish that first. And then....
You will need to check out your country in terms of your questions because my country is different. Go to Cruisers Forum. In the forum is a section on living aboard and making a living while living aboard a boat.
I put some vids up for folks who have asked me about the life aboard: https://www.youtube.com/@SailBCNow There are 2 vids in there among others that talk about the Welded, folded steel construction method (toughest hulls afloat) Survival at Sea 1 & 2. Good luck out there Odanscoils.

View attachment 37137
Awesome.
I've just retired.
I find this very interesting lifestyle.
Is that a 60 footer ?
I met a guy years back who just came into dock after riding out a hurricane.
Damaged his prop shaft.
Said the waves were higher than his mask.
Said he'd never do that again.

Awesome.
I've just retired.
I find this very interesting lifestyle.
Is that a 60 footer ?
I met a guy years back who just came into dock after riding out a hurricane.
Damaged his prop shaft.
Said the waves were higher than his mask.
Said he'd never do that again.
That was an 80 ft sailboat.

Welp. Got that paint. I like the green.
Difficult to stay in the lines.
Now if I can get that cover on ebay.

Attachments

• IMG_20230228_183107_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20230228_183107_hdr.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 83
Hi Odan.... Well at the heart of it just as Captain Jack Sparrow said:

Wherever we want to go, we go. That’s what a ship is, you know. It’s not just a keel and hull and a deck and sails. That’s what a ship needs. But what a ship is… what the Black Pearl really is… is freedom.

Kids in college, wife of 25 yrs and I amicable went our ways I sold everything, caught a plane to the coast, hired a professional boat builder and we both went at building tough west coast welded, steel steel sail boat, fully insulated, suited to any ocean. Two years later. No car, no mortgage, became a sailing minimalist, rifle, fishing gear, pressure canner. Cost of lifestyle went from monthly thousands to a few hundred. 17 years later still sailing, providing for myself. Regret? I did not do it far sooner but once marriage, kids, etc... must finish that first. And then....
You will need to check out your country in terms of your questions because my country is different. Go to Cruisers Forum. In the forum is a section on living aboard and making a living while living aboard a boat.
I put some vids up for folks who have asked me about the life aboard: https://www.youtube.com/@SailBCNow There are 2 vids in there among others that talk about the Welded, folded steel construction method (toughest hulls afloat) Survival at Sea 1 & 2. Good luck out there Odanscoils.

View attachment 37137
I tried to viewing. Not available.

Ok so I gently highlighted the arrows what a pain to carefully paint the buttons

Attachments

• E0F80D28-BCC5-4C3A-A49D-162D9F2501BA.jpeg
    E0F80D28-BCC5-4C3A-A49D-162D9F2501BA.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 68