Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1/4 jack broke in unit ! now what?

kayakfisher

Anyone had this problem, brand new jack came apart in my GT. I am pretty unlucky about taking things apart and putting them back together. I hate to send it to minelab and pay big money for the repair. Looks like the bottom part stayed in the GT. Thanks for looking!

If the large locknut just unscrewed it should be fairly simple to fish out the bottom end and catch the locknut. maybe a bit tricky, perhaps a pencil or thin nosed pliers could be useful working it out. please remove your battery before you attempt this. If not successful there's only a couple of screws holding the box together. once opened up you can get at the jack with not too much trouble. Just take your time, I think you can handle it.

Bob

Kayak,before you take your box apart try to plug in your headphones to pull the threads back through.Good Luck Ron

thanks everyone for the help, just took it apart and the very tip of the jack was left in came right out, had to bend the metal pieces to let it out, now the connection is not so good, have to go back in and bend them some more, got the headphones to work but now the speaker does not work, but I can live with that. Had to take it a part 4 times to get it right. Think I will leave well enough a lone. Someday I will get it repaired to 100%