Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

1-40

Jim upstate NY

Dug this last night, was reading a solid and unwavering 1-40, I guess I better accept more of the 1 fe numbers.. I get a lot of falsing with 1-32- 1-38, now I am wondering if the indians are reading up there in iron or something, as I have only found one in over a month... I usually get a dozen a month or more.. Anyway 1787 Connecticut copper that reads 1-40

My solid 1-40 readings have been coins on edge. I bet that Connecticut was at a very steep angle. Pretty good condition and an off center strike? Nice find. HH

Very interesting on the numbers. As far as indians, My buddy greg picked 3 out of the ground last weekend and they all were reading 12-35,36,37, but they were deep, one was over 9 inches. Unfortunately bottle caps here in indiana read in the same range so its kind of a crap shoot. I will start digging those 1/40 repeatables for sure. I doubt i will get a connecticut copper in northwest indiana but you never know what might pop out of the ground. lol TMAN...

Isn't 1-40 out in the area where someone Posted that a Silver Compact Lid came in? I thought that 1-40 is in the good area or at least not in a discriminated out area of the Coin Pattern.

HH

Beachcomber

I would love to find some old coppers! WTG!

I notched out 1-30 to 38 because I get a bunch of falsing coming in there, but since indains read 31-3 then maybe some are coming in at 1-21-25? thats what I mean.. for a machine thats supposed to be more stable and accurate than the explorer, the numbers sure jump around alot..

And of course very repeatable... I was told that over 14 wasn't good but the large cents were over for my machine...

Guvner..